• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waltz die instructions???

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
I borrowed a Waltz dies but it didn't have instructions. I think I can figure it out but would like to put an eyeball on the instructions anyway.

Can anyone who has them please post them or scan/email them to me? Sure would apprecitiate it.

thanks,
Keith

[email protected]

Re: Waltz die instructions???

I threw the instructions away, but do you really need them?
It's pretty trivial. It's like a seating die, where you tune the amount of shaping/compression with the upper screw.
I mounted mine on a Lee hand press, so I can carry it to the range with me.
Just be careful with semiautos, since many pukes on overly re-shaped bullets.

Neil sent me a .doc file today.

I knew there couldn't be but so much to it. I saw where he does suggest using Wolf ammo with it.

What ammo/results did you have with yours?

Have you shot any in your Rooskie?

thanks,
Keith

Wolf ammo already shoots fine in my rifles. The reason I bought it was to try to make shoot good a fairly low-priced ammo.
The problem I have is that, with my 10/22 (that is very picky about ammo) any decent re-shaping of the bullet leads to FTFs, while my CM-2 shoots fine (more than fine, actually) almost everything I fed to it.
I still have to try to measure the improvements with my CM-2. I will report when done ...

I use it with Rem subs, and any lead 22 ammo. copper ammo can stick in your barrel or blow out the case. don't ask how I know.

With lead ammo I adjust the die out so it resizes the least to give .225. Found can seat the die too much deforming the bullet's rifle groves. It still shows .225 but bullets don't group as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use it with Rem subs, and any lead 22 ammo. copper ammo can stick in your barrel or blow out the case. don't ask how I know.

With lead ammo I adjust the die out so it resizes the least to give .225. Found can seat the die too much deforming the bullet's rifle groves. It still shows .225 but bullets don't group as well. </div></div>

What were you shooting it in?
Were the results better than before you used the die?
What ammo did you try?

Come on bro, skool up!

thanks, Keith

I use mine to hollow point Aguila subs and use the EPS head on Wolf...both are noticibly better at 50yds.
Shot a crow the other day with the hollow point Aguila (after opening with Neals die)...unbelieveable...
pick up a Lee hand press...knock out a bunch while watching tv
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use it with Rem subs, and any lead 22 ammo. copper ammo can stick in your barrel or blow out the case. don't ask how I know.

With lead ammo I adjust the die out so it resizes the least to give .225. Found can seat the die too much deforming the bullet's rifle groves. It still shows .225 but bullets don't group as well. </div></div>

What were you shooting it in?
Were the results better than before you used the die?
What ammo did you try?

Come on bro, skool up!

thanks, Keith </div></div>

I shot in Win 75. Yes Rem subs groups down 1/2 size or more vs not resized. And tried Win T22 looks like some improvement with resized. Wolf MT definitely improved with resized.

Have Eley sport and SK standard + to try next.