• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanenmacher's Gun Show Tulsa April 1-2

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    @sirhrmechanic turned me onto this show, looks to be good, anyone going. I'm about 3 hours S/SW, thought I might get a room and do both days.

1677938546160.png

Reactions: BScore
    It is by far the best gunshow you will ever go to. I try to go once a year. You can walk thru it in one day, but only stopping if something catches your eye. I don't think you could stop and look at every table if you were there for both days.

It is by far the best gunshow you will ever go to. I try to go once a year. You can walk thru it in one day, but only stopping if something catches your eye. I don't think you could stop and look at every table if you were there for both days.
    An 8' table is $200. Anyone interested in kicking in on a 'Snipers Hide Crew Table'. We could meet, sell our over priced shit, and watch out for others stuff if we want to cruise around.

I’ve gone several times but the last few years the prices are so crazy it hasn’t been worth the drive.

Might give it a go again April and see how it is

Reactions: diggler1833
    I’ve gone several times but the last few years the prices are so crazy it hasn’t been worth the drive.

Might give it a go again April and see how it is
    Good time to sell.

True that. I’ve got a few tables at a show next weekend and interested to see how the market is.
    Where's that? If it goes well maybe we could split one or get some others.

The one coming up is in NWA.

I have a buddy that has a couple standing tables at the Tulsa show. He deals in high $ collector guns as a side hobby and he does pretty good it seems.

Newbie here, & I’ve gone the past 4-5 shows. Not cheap, but still see lots of cool stuff. Bringing my M1 to trade/sell this year. Saturdays are better than sundays attendance wise.

Last edited:
    Newbie here, & I’ve gone the past 4-5 shows. Not cheap, but still see lots of cool stuff. Bringing my M1 to trade/sell this year. Saturdays are better than sundays attendance wise.
    I'm taking a Colt Gold Cup Trophy Lite.

I quit going to that about 10 years ago. Door prices and parking costs kept going up and so did the prices of the junk inside. It’s huge and your legs will be sore if you walk it all. It is a cool experience but the deals will be few.

I quit going to that about 10 years ago. Door prices and parking costs kept going up and so did the prices of the junk inside. It’s huge and your legs will be sore if you walk it all. It is a cool experience but the deals will be few.
    I didnt book a room last week when here were plenty. Today I was lucky to get one. As you said, it will be worth the experience once anyway.

@sirhrmechanic turned me onto this show, looks to be good, anyone going. I'm about 3 hours S/SW, thought I might get a room and do both days.

View attachment 8088656
    Used to go to one there every year , great show with things you don’t see at any other shows. Like mentioned, the prices have jumped up so much , hardly worth the drive for me.
    They used to have a Beer Garden that sold weak 3.2% Beer. Even if one doesn’t drink it was a good place to rest and regroup 🍻. Days before cell phones if you get distracted from friends, you might not be able to find them. 😳It’s THAT big !!

Used to go to one there every year , great show with things you don’t see at any other shows. Like mentioned, the prices have jumped up so much , hardly worth the drive for me.
    They used to have a Beer Garden that sold weak 3.2% Beer. Even if one doesn’t drink it was a good place to rest and regroup 🍻. Days before cell phones if you get distracted from friends, you might not be able to find them. 😳It’s THAT big !!
    I havent heard anyone mention 3.2 beer for 50 years. We used to call it 32 Water, or Headache juice because if you drank enough of it you'd get a ringing headache but no more. I think that was the green labels, yellow was full strength. Then at the beach in SC they had 4.4 with a black label.

Reactions: Sandhog308
    I havent heard anyone mention 3.2 beer for 50 years. We used to call it 32 Water, or Headache juice because if you drank enough of it you'd get a ringing headache but no more. I think that was the green labels, yellow was full strength. Then at the beach in SC they had 4.4 with a black label.
    Oklahoma just got rid of 3.2 beer a few years ago.

It is hard on the 🦶, always sore the next day. Maybe I’ll get lucky & sell my rifle quick & avoid lugging it the whole day.

I would love to go, and should have years ago. Now there is no way I could walk it based on the videos I have seen.

Last weekend I went to one in KC and I was eating pain pills all day sunday.....but boy I would love to go.

If you are in KC there is really only one show worth going to. Missouri Valley Collectors do one around early July. That is one worth going to. They sell as well as display, and some of the displays are museum quality.

Its a great show! I've been to about 50 of them. At one time there would be several collectors association tables that were worth the price of admission to see. Browning, Marlin, High Standard, Winchester, maybe a few others. They would also have a celebrity there every show. I've met James Arness, Bill Jordan, The Late General Retired Paul Tibbets, Mike Radican (spelling) Benchrest Hall of Fame member, and maybe a few others.

I think bargains are scarce at all of todays shows but I have bought and sold lots of stuff there over the years.

Its a great show! I've been to about 50 of them. At one time there would be several collectors association tables that were worth the price of admission to see. Browning, Marlin, High Standard, Winchester, maybe a few others. They would also have a celebrity there every show. I've met James Arness, Bill Jordan, The Late General Retired Paul Tibbets, Mike Radican (spelling) Benchrest Hall of Fame member, and maybe a few others.

I think bargains are scarce at all of todays shows but I have bought and sold lots of stuff there over the years.
    Save your entrance fees. The deals are in the parking lot.

Not gonna make it. Too far to drive for jerky, Pakistani knives, and beanie babies.

And, that glowie selling the anarchist literature…

Good show to visit if you want to haggle out a trade, or find someone walking into the show with something nice.

Gun shows seem to have a standard mark-up of an additional 25-50% over current 'going rates'.

Went to Tulsa a few years ago and the only 'deal' I saw in the 5 hours of walking was at Doug Turnbull's table. Bonus was that I got to talk with Doug for a few minutes.

The good thing about insanely overpriced shit is that it keeps you walking quickly.

Went to a small show a week ago in SE Oklahoma. Same story, but the guys selling stuff were less intelligent on their own wares. Found some beef jerky at least...$20 for 6oz. Shit. Went home completely empty handed.