• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanna see something stupid?! :D

ewoaf

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2009
    Albemarle VA
    beaurobbins.com
    And...... straight from the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" school of gunsmithing....
    I present, the 8" barrel precision platform.
    Thanks Tony, you started it....lol
    I picked up that little gem of a scope Saturday. It's a Leupold Mk AR Mod 1, a 3-9x40 mil/mil, and it was only $350. I put it in a QD style, one throw lever ADM mount, in order to swap it out with the EOTech. Beside the scope is a Burris Fastfire red dot for the up close stuff.
    2e6ea6a.jpg

I'm running a 208gr A-Max subsonic load that's at 1040 fps, and a supersonic load of 110gr V-Max at about 2140. The subs are touching at 25 yards and grouping just under a minute at 50 yds. I can effectively take them out to 200 yards with 6.5 mils of come-up. After that, I'm out of adjustment.
    I didn't do any real accuracy testing as the ammo I'm using is leftovers from my original lot. With any of my CQB related ammo, it's not loaded with precision in mind, no brass prep, nor would I ever consider it to be even remotely match grade. It'll be interesting to see what can be done with some match 110s. According to the numbers, I should be able to effectively take them out to 600yds easy.

Looks good to me. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean much... especially since I SBR just about everything I own.

Nice rig there ewoaf! I've got a build I would like to do soon of a similar style. A shorty precision rig in 300 blk but leaner than what you've got there. What are some of the details on the rifle?

Looks good to me. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean much... especially since I SBR just about everything I own.

Ha, I'm right with you! "You know what this rifle needs? A shorter barrel!"

It's a Paladin machine Bbl assembly with their adjustable gas block. It was around 10.5 but I chopped it down. It's a 7 twist. The bolt is a BCM. A Snipershide lower with DD lower parts. If I was intending to build a real BLK precision rig, I'd go with at least a 14" Bbl.

3-9x40 is maybe a little aggressive for a short range rifle but other than that nice set up

Awesome. I've been kicking around the idea of a .300BLK SPR in a 16" just because I'm curious and I have the parts lying around...

And...... straight from the "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" school of gunsmithing....
    I present, the 8" barrel precision platform.
    Thanks Tony, you started it....lol
    I picked up that little gem of a scope Saturday. It's a Leupold Mk AR Mod 1, a 3-9x40 mil/mil, and it was only $350. I put it in a QD style, one throw lever ADM mount, in order to swap it out with the EOTech. Beside the scope is a Burris Fastfire red dot for the up close stuff.

How do you like the Leupold. Thinking about picking one up. Cabela's has the 3-9x40 mil dot or the 1.5-4x20 SPR for $349 with the free Leupold mount, I have been tempted to pick one up.