• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Want info on VLTOR A5 system and suppressed rifles

jonesturf

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
I'm wondering if anyone runs the A5 system in an SPR type rifle with a suppressor and if they can report on its performance. Currently I have the following:
17" Noveske w/ rifle length gas
H2 buffer
M42K suppressor

The rifle runs fine. The suppressor definitely adds a little extra banging on recoil than I like but it's definitely better than a midlength I used to have. Not sure if I feel like screwing around with just a buffer as it runs fine but the VLTOR A5 system seems interesting. Not going to touch an adjustable gas block either...at least not for this build.

I'm thinking about switching stocks and was considering a PRS but I think I want to keep it a carbine. With the A5 you get that with the advantage of the rifle buffer. I would like to hear from you guys that shoot long range..not the tacticool guys on other sites that just say they do on how these systems perform in regards to a similar system as mine. Or even a rifle buffer system versus a carbine system in general. Looking to get a little better control of the recoil impulse and if it actually increases accuracy although that's more up on the shooter than the stock system.