• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

want to build but not sure`

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
i know where to find a 40x bolt and trigger but my question is can a remington 700 action be made to work with the 40x bolt? just and idea i came up with. i know im not the first

Re: want to build but not sure`

I don't think so. The locking lugs on the 40X bolt are located in the rear of the ejection port, not the front like the Remington 700.

went through the same thoughts about 8 mths ago, this is what i found out:

CMP 40X build, what do I need?

^^there's some prices and sources of supply throughout that post, along with associated helpful links.

sdwhirlwind and dfoosking was a big help in getting info on 40x's, if you go the 40x route, shoot them a PM. they are great guys that'll help you out.

as much as i'd love to have a 40X, after settling on getting a CZ455, i like don't regret going with the cz. new parts that are available and option of caliber change. it'll be only a matter of time before many match barrels are available for the 455, taking it to the next level.

plus, i was able to get one heck of a rifle AND optics for under $800.00, adding up the 40x build, it's around $800.00 without optics.

Simply put. Yes it can be done. XP pistols ahve been done using 40x bolts. However most smiths do not have it in them to make the modifications and if they do you would spend far more than the price of a built 40x.

Buy a CZ or an Anschutz. An Anschutz will often outshoot a 40x and at least its equal.