• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Want to buy: Tikka

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Looking to buy a Tikka Lite 22-250 with the 1:8 twist barrel, or a Tikka with a shot out barrel for a donor action. Looks like I can get a new Tikka for $672 plus shipping and transfer fee so I don’t necessarily want to spend that on just an action that still needs the barrel replaced.

Are the actions the same across all models? Been looking to do a 223 build and saw some lites available. Have been holding on the CTR as I was going to use just the barreled action and drop it in a different stock but haven’t seen shit in a long time. Wondering if it may be smarter to buy the lite and then just do a barrel swap.

The CTR uses a much more robust magazine while the lite are plastic. I have both and both work but if you plan to shoot heavies I get the CTR. The plastic 223 mag is too short for the 80 grain bullets.

The CTR uses a much more robust magazine while the lite are plastic. I have both and both work but if you plan to shoot heavies I get the CTR. The plastic 223 mag is too short for the 80 grain bullets.
As in the CTR is compatible with the more robust mags vs the lite plastic or just that it comes with a more robust mag?

The CTR mags are metal and robust. Similar, but not the same, as metal AICS mags.
The CTR will not take the lite mags and visa versa as the bottom metal is completely different. The “metal” on the lite is actually plastic like the mags.
Mountain Tactical makes parts for both if you care to upgrade a lite.

Reactions: Charlie112
The CTR mags are metal and robust. Similar, but not the same, as metal AICS mags.
The CTR will not take the lite mags and visa versa as the bottom metal is completely different. The “metal” on the lite is actually plastic like the mags.
Mountain Tactical makes parts for both if you care to upgrade a lite.
Oh shit - ok. Didn’t realize that one. Good heads up. Thanks @RHutch!

I have these tikkas in krgs one 6creed and one 6x47 Lapua

Attachments

• Snapchat-253832765.jpg
    Snapchat-253832765.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: ShaneJ