• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Want to Play Along? Phone Scam

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
So I got the usual daily phone Scam, this time it was from a Restricted number, so my first thought was it was going to be the typical US Marshals and we have a warrant for your arrest call.

Guy says he's from Publisher's Clearinghouse, and asks if I'm the owner of the phone? I say, which owner are you wanting to talk to? He keeps being insisting that there's only one owner of a phone, and I keep telling him a phone is a piece of property, and can have multiple owners, just like as house or land.

He gets soo frustrated, and says to go fuck my mother in the ass, and then hangs up.

About 20-minutes go by, and another Restricted call rings. I aswer with a different voice, and it's the same guy not realizing he called me again. Says, guess what, you won the lottery. This time I tell him the owner is not home, and I will pass the message on, but need a call back number. He tells me, but we're disconnected.

I call the number back, and it's the same guy.

He goes by Bob Wilson (Heavy Pakistani accent) and the number is:

218 208-3628

Call it and have some fun, tell him you're calling to claim your prize.

I love screwing with scammers.

I just called him back from a different number, outgoing call only from a PBX. I tell him I'm with the Federal Government, FCC, and ask for his name. He says this is publisher's Clearinghouse. What do you want? I tell him there are reports of fraud from this number and ask for his Supervisor or Manager. He says they are out to lunch. I ask for his Supervisors name and number, and he says to stop wasting his time, and hangs up.

I hope you're blocking your # when you call back, otherwise they're just going to add it to the database and you'll get more scammers calling.

Reactions: FWoo45
Straight to the recorder I don't pick up my phone anymore It's pert n near all telemarketing I wont pick it up unless i know the number or it's family then quickly hang up on them .

US Marshals one? That's new to me. I usually just get the one for car insurance or credit card. Twice I got a fake law office threatening legal action if I didn't call back immediately for a "pending case". I feel like I'm missing out on new and interesting morons to cuss at...

Some friends and I have done something similar in the past. We’d get a group chat going and share the info. Then for the next hour or so, the Paki’s get to be bombarded with calls from my dysfunctional 11B friends.

And, here I thought that it was me with nothing to do...

I always ask them if they want a Squishee in my best Apu voice........ and say thank you come again to the Kwik-E-Mart...

That really pisses them off......

Since i can do a decent impersonation of many different stereotypical voices, i like to string them out as long as i can and acting confused. Normally doesn’t last long, but it makes me laugh instead of mad.