• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Want to put a better bipod on a Savage 110 BA

sw-punisher

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2011
I had a friend trying to put a bipod better than the Harris on his savage 110 BA. He showed me his new GG&G bipod. He used a GGG-1244 bipod adapter for an AR30/AR50 and it works perfect in his stock.

Just thought I'd share the info for other savage owners.

SAVAGE110BA006.jpg

SAVAGE110BA005.jpg

SAVAGE110BA002.jpg

SAVAGE110BA001.jpg

Re: Want to put a better bipod on a Savage 110 BA

Shane, thanks for getting this thread going for the other 110BA owners! Here's a picture of the 110BA with its newly mounted scope and you were right, the more rearward location of the mount seems to balance the weight a little better.

DSC00205R.jpg

Did you have to machine the GGG-1244 bipod adapter?
it is not an exact fit. I will be taking mine to the gunsmith to be machined.

im curious if there is any machining required for this? does the adaptor fit without any issues? i would really like to get this bipod for my 110. help me out guys! thanks!

That looks like a sweet mount? How long is it? I need a lot to hit our mile target! Cost?

Here is a pic of my kidd, hitting the mile marker.

Rabbit.jpg

I ended up taking mine (AR30/AR50) GG&G bipod adapter to a local machine shop after GG&G said they would not be able to get to my machine order till September. I will provide pictures of the machined mount block to correctly fit the adapter to the rifle.
while the adapter from GG&G may fit it is not an exact fit and with time and shock of firing it will probably create a slop wear pattern in the long slot of the lower hand hold.

The mount stock has been machined to fit the curvature of the slot in the rifle hand hold.and the length of the mount stock was also machined with a groove to fit the lip of the hand hold slot(see pic)
This was not done by the previous poster and may result in a sloppy wear pattern or movement of the bipod on weapon discharge. Just my .02

You got me excited! I have a TRG and just tossed out my Harris bipod. I have a GG&G XDM-2 on the way. I'll post pics soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HkPlinker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got me excited! I have a TRG and just tossed out my Harris bipod. I have a GG&G XDM-2 on the way. I'll post pics soon </div></div>

I hope you didn't literally toss it out as those things resell for at least 50 bucks or more depending on the model.

Don't forget to have it machined!!

it will work with out machining but will probably develop a sloppy fit after a few years.

take the end hand hold piece off the rifle and take it with you to the machine shop.(along with the new bipod mount so the machinist is Crystal Clear about what yo want done.