• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Want to SBR a few stripped lowers and have a Q

30calDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
North Idaho
I have 5 stripped lowers just waiting to one day be built up. I have two cans coming in Dec or so and will be running these lowers as SBR's and with my cans.

So my question is can I do the form 1 on these stripped lowers before they are even built up at b all? I just want to build them up as SBRs when I do decide to build and don't want to wait or have to throw a brace on them. Thanks in advance.

Short answer, YES. I know someone who has 3 or 4 of these lowers with a stamp asociated with them and they haven't been built. Ya just have to know how you're going to build them so the description can somewhat be accurate.

Reactions: 30calDeath
Need an over all length of the SBR, barrel length and caliber for each lower.
Also from what I understand, you can change these parameters, but you must be able to return it to what the Form says. Say for example, you had an 8" 300 BLK you wanted to swap to a registered lower that is 12.5" 5.56. Or say you pull the barrel, and put the 8" 300 BLK on that upper, you will need to keep that 12.5" 5.56 barrel.

Need an over all length of the SBR, barrel length and caliber for each lower.
Also from what I understand, you can change these parameters, but you must be able to return it to what the Form says. Say for example, you had an 8" 300 BLK you wanted to swap to a registered lower that is 12.5" 5.56. Or say you pull the barrel, and put the 8" 300 BLK on that upper, you will need to keep that 12.5" 5.56 barrel.
You can also notify BATF of the change and ditch the old upper.