• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Want trigger recommendation

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
Tired of my finicky Jewell triggers and am going to replace them. Really like the old style Remington trigger but they are getting scarce so asking for some recommendations for a brand/style that is reliable, smooth and runs well at 2.5 lbs.

Thanks

I really like the Timney 510 on my rifle...no issues in the field, on the range or in competitions.

I have used timney, trigger tech and huber with great success.

Try a trigger tech.Pick shoe and pull weight range.Couldn’t be happier .

Trigger Tech Special for single stage. Tubb T-7 light for 2 stage.

Was not aware of Trigger Tech, some good comments out there but they must be fairly new to the business. Looks like Timney has a big following with many good reviews.

Big fan of old Remington triggers for single stage applications. Worth the trouble to locate them IMO

I put timeneys in the rifles I build; Rem700, Sav110, Win70, Mauser98, Arisaka99, etc.

In 10/22s I go to a Volquartsen Trigger.

Shilen for single stage. I do like my T7T but damn you have to open the stock up a lot for them.

Big fan of old Remington triggers for single stage applications. Worth the trouble to locate them IMO

Actually had some people PM me and offer some old Remington triggers for sale at fair pricing so plan on going that way first. The Timney 510 was going to be my other choice. Thanks for all the input.

Two Calvin Elites and a Jewel. My favorite is the Jewel but both CEs Work great and are better than any other trigger I’ve used.

Geiselle is debuting their m700 trigger at shot show. If u don't need it right meow, I would wait. Something something mk13

Triggertech's idea is GREAT, and if they made a two stage remmy trigger I'd be right on it.

Oddly, I found that I really liked the CADEX defense 2 stage - AFTER being adjusted. It has a secondary sear so its pretty safe when you get too close to the edge of engagement. Out of the box mine sucked - it uses the overlapping sear design like most triggers, and the overlap on mine was set to .040. Knocked it down to .015 and now it feels just like an AI trigger.

My Timney 510 set for 2.5 lbs has run great in good and bad weather for the last 2 years. Tough to beat for the price.
Phil G

David Tubb !!!! they break on a mind thought.

These are a royal pain in the ass, especially if you have a Defiance action. Requires you to file the hell out of the trigger housing, and depending on your stock/chassis, may require inletting on that as well.

It's definitely not a "drop in" trigger.

Tired of my finicky Jewell triggers and am going to replace them. Really like the old style Remington trigger but they are getting scarce so asking for some recommendations for a brand/style that is reliable, smooth and runs well at 2.5 lbs.

Can't go wrong w a timney

Thanks

I own 3 Timney 510s and few Remingtons....switching to the Trigger Tech Diamond on my current match rig....I've heard from users that they are less susceptible to grit contamination and easier to flush.

Both Tubb and Timney can require fitting in certain chassis systems. That being said I run both and both have been very good very reliable triggers. Everything is a little bit custom.

I'm trying a TT Diamond with the flat/straight shoe on my current build. I'm currently in backlog purgatory on it, so I have no feedback available.

Reactions: PDXGS
I run Calvin Elite single stage triggers which are very nice. I don't care as much for the two stage version. Recently I've been using the Bix 'n Andy two stage triggers which are even better. They can be used a single stage, too, if you decide you don't like the two stage. They are infinitely adjustable.

I really like my XTSP Mod 22 two stage. Adjustable in about every way. Replaced a Huber. Contemplating a Bix'n Andy 2 stage for my other match rifle.

I'm currently running a trigger tech on one of my Rem 70 and so far.. no more timney for me.
I got the match one or whatever's the name i don't remember.
It's single stage though but it break crisp and clean. Awesome trigger!

Uses to run all calvin elites and they each had some slight feel of creep but not enough to throw the trigger out for

Have a 40x trigger which breaks like glass at 2lbs but that's the lowest she will go.

Tried a rifle basics and just didn't like anything about it...felt like a cheap setup. Just my opinion.

Tried a Trigger tech and it broke clean like the Calvin Elite but I could feel the sear roll before the break. Again like the CE but nothing id remove the trigger for.

Ive used AI triggers and despite what everyone says...it is a fine trigger...but its got a spongey feel just before the break.

My search....finally came to an end when I tried a few Bix'n Andy triggers (single, 2 stage, tacsport and competition models). All broke like glass. 2 stage had a distinct wall and broke with no detection of any creep/sponge/roll feel. Bought a tacsport single stage the same day and dont see myself hunting for another brand.

Ive had good experiences with the timney 510 line, had some problems with the calvin elite when they get dirty. I really like the trigger tech line but I haven't got much experiences long term with them.