• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Wanted five. rem 700 barrels removed from actions

pale horse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
alaska
I posted about 6 months ago I needed some barrels removed from some Rem short actions. I am getting old and crippled and have loads of actions and barrels around. I am moving to Kentucky in Nov and wanted the barrels removed. I tried it all soaked in aft oil and we have salt here on the Bering sea and the barrels need to be cut off with a mill. Anyone willing to make a trade for work action or barrel I am game. There was a gent with a mill in Montana who pmed me but I lost his pm.If you read this please contact me.If willing to do the job please pm me

Re: Wanted five. rem 700 barrels removed from actions

If you are just looking to make them easier to transport, just use a bandsaw for now and leave a stub long enough to fit in a barrel vice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are just looking to make them easier to transport, just use a bandsaw for now and leave a stub long enough to fit in a barrel vice. </div></div>

While common sense indicates other wise, wonder if this makes an unpapered Short Barreled Rifle?

if anything could be chambered and fired then it would be an SBR and get into ultra mega trouble. Leave the barrel on until it is removed. it will cost you a whole $10 extra to ship them all.

Cutting the barrels strikes me as asinine, even without the legal worries.

If you can remove the factory 700 barrels cleanly, those are worth good money on the used market, and will help offset your project cost.

They would more than pay for shipping/gunsmithing/transfer fees.

Can Do! Ret Machine Shop Instructor. Have built several trued 700 Rem rifles for SWAT Competition. Central MS location.

i'll do it... send me a pm...