• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanted: Sniper Instructor in Afghanistan

PROCDO

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I am new to this forum and do not know where to post this contractor opportunity - I am trying to get the word out to your community.
I am not a company recruiter; I am a Sniper Instructor.
Our company is looking for one more USMC or US Army Sniper, preferably 20-year retiree, preferably Senior NCO E-7 with Instructor (does not have to be Sniper Instructor)credentials, preferably a US Army SOTIC graduate, no security clearance required, to work in Afghanistan training the ANA Commandos and SF. Please get the word out to your fellow sniper brothers who would be interested in a really decent gig. Thanks! Sua Sponte!

Re: Wanted: Sniper Instructor in Afghanistan

Not exactly a good place to be putting a help wanted ad of that nature. It's a public forum after all. If you have connections to said organizations, it would be a simple rank and specialty search to find people that you are looking for through the associated branch portal's.

Either way I don't meet the rank requirement's, and am physically unable to do that sort of work these days. Just trying to point you in the proper direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> no security clearance required,</div></div>

That's the part that bothers me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Instructor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am new to this forum and do not know where to post this contractor opportunity - I am trying to get the word out to your community.
I am not a company recruiter; I am a Sniper Instructor.
Our company is looking for one more USMC or US Army Sniper, preferably 20-year retiree, preferably Senior NCO E-7 with Instructor (does not have to be Sniper Instructor)credentials, preferably a US Army SOTIC graduate, no security clearance required, to work in Afghanistan training the ANA Commandos and SF. Please get the word out to your fellow sniper brothers who would be interested in a really decent gig. Thanks! Sua Sponte! </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">According to Profile.... Hobbies: Ballistix</span>

Hmmmm...
Not exactly sure what you meant.
MPRI hires mostly retirees, most of them not in the best physical condition (we are not 20 years old any more), it is an instructor position, both classroom, running livefire (M4, transition, KD, UKD, and M24 with Mark IV) range instruction, and some field observation, sketching, range cards, hides, camouflage and stalking.
There are many contracts these days requiring clearances. For somebody looking to get into, or back into contracting, and their clearance is expired, this would be a great opportunity.

I would also try ArmyRanger.com. There are a few guys there that enjoy contractor work.
So MPRI is the contractor I'm guessing.
Do you have the link to the job description, position?

Gosh, no offense but I hate to see the us traininig ANA for sniper duty. With the recent killings of US and Nato personnel by rogue ANA, I wonder if this is wise? Imagine what a properly trained ANA person could do if he turned and joined the Taliban? Just thinking outloud

The Commandos are pretty much good to go. I got to work with them a few times and they have a really good reputation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh, no offense but I hate to see the us traininig ANA for sniper duty. With the recent killings of US and Nato personnel by rogue ANA, I wonder if this is wise? Imagine what a properly trained ANA person could do if he turned and joined the Taliban? Just thinking outloud </div></div>

The guys that get the better training are vet'd pretty heavily!