• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wanting a range finder... what about these?

jw1911

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
Hartselle, Alabama, USA
First:
Burris
laserscope_01.jpg

http://www.burrisoptics.com/laserscope.html

Second:
Bushnell
20-4124.jpg

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/yardage-pro-riflescope/204124/

Both a scope and a range finder for about what i would normally pay for a burris scope any way.

So has any one had any experience with these or what do you think about them?

They look good to me if they work. I want the Burris.

Re: Wanting a range finder... what about these?

I don't have any experience with either the Burris or Bushnell, but recently encountered a Nikon IRT, which looks just like those two, decent optic the only thing I don't like is the reticle, but I don't care for any of the reticles offered, the BDC Mildot seems kind of pointless to me personally. But here's the thing, the laser in the Nikon scope is amazing, it out performs everything we've tried it against including a leica 1200, bushnell 1500, leupold rx-iv. Any conditions readings on a mans sized targer to 900, good conditions 1500+ yds, side by side only the bushnell was close. And that was before i had it mounted on a rifle, which only increases stability.

Things that are made to do more than one job rarely do either job well. Buy a scope and a LRF. The Burris above only ranges to 800 yards on reflective targets which means it will start to die off about 500-600 on nonreflective.

I'd get whichever had the actual Mil-Dots and was cheaper. Also, depend on what range you will be shooting, 500-600 might be enough for you.

you would be better off buying one of each than messing with this dual unit. JMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Things that are made to do more than one job rarely do either job well. Buy a scope and a LRF. </div></div>

+1

With a combined RF-riflescope you're subjecting the scope to recoil with every shot.

Recoil and electronics would seem to suggest failure at some point, or more points to fail.

With a seperate RF you don't have to look through your riflescope to range anything that you may want to range.

A combined RF-binocular may be a better combination if you're inclined in that direction.