• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Wanting to attach my AR308 with a tripod?

Ksgunguy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2013
Hi all I really want to attach my 308 to a tripod? Seeing if anyone can help

I would make sure you have a tripod thatis fairly substantial. I have a couple for my camera and chronograph, not bottom of the line cheap, but still plastic, and I would be a little concerned with any long term durability with them. I could see them breaking after a handful of trips to the range - after all, they were designed to hold a camera that would only be 2-4 lbs max (that doesn't recoil and hang extreme lengths over the attachment point). I would hate to have it break while shooting.
I have a tripod at work that was made to handle weight and large items, but that thing would be a pain in the ass to carry anywhere.

I am cheap. I got a shoe (attachment) to fit my tripod head, took some AL and bent it into a U, added sleeping pad foam and duct tape, drilled a hole in the corner and put a 550 cord loop on it so I can attach it to my bag with a carabiner.

Works for me.

I am cheap. I got a shoe (attachment) to fit my tripod head, took some AL and bent it into a U, added sleeping pad foam and duct tape, drilled a hole in the corner and put a 550 cord loop on it so I can attach it to my bag with a carabiner.

Works for me.

Yup, I did something similar. Except with the "U-shaped" pad, I cut wire coat hangers into 5, 4" pieces and ran them through the sleeping pad so that it would hold it's U-shape. Used lots of OD duct tape, camo paint and utilized an old Canon camera tripod with an elevation hand crank and pan-tilt rod. That thing got beat around and never broke or failed. Mind you, it looked like something from a homeless mans shopping cart.