• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wanting to run a suppressor on an AK47. Barrel rethreading possible?

uracowman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Hey guys,

I am looking to tackle a new project and I'm looking for your advice. Long story short, I'm looking to purchase an AK pistol to convert to an SBR. On this SBR, I'm looking to run a can that has standard 5/8x24 threads. I'm currently looking at a polish Radom, seen below, but I had concerns on whether or not a rethread was possible.

Based on what I've heard, it looks like the flash hider on the end of the gun is threaded onto the gun. I'm also assuming the threads are 14x1 left hand. Would it be possible to rethread this gun pretty easily into a 5/8x24? I've done a little bit of research and it appears at 14x1LH has a diameter that is too short to cut into a 5/8x24, but I'm sure someone cna chime in on the options I have here.

Thanks for your help.

1944126_01_polish_ak_47_pistol_7_62x39_wi_640.jpg

I will look into that but what I'm worried about is the concentricity of the threads.

Not all of them have bad threads. I have a milled Bulgarian that is straight, along with a polytech and a polish tantal. A thread adapter may work just fine. I bought some from CNC warior and they were not straight at all, they were so crooked you could see with your naked eye that it would be baffle strike city. I don't think they even make them there, their prob imported, don't look or feel like steel, more like light weight pot metal. But I'm sure there are some other company's out there that actually make adapters that are strait.