• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

War Era Kahles Scope Catalog Pages

RETE8

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2011
SD
I recently received a couple of pages from a Kahles War Era brouchure and thought I would share them. Unfortunately, I do not read or speak German, but thought some might find the info useful.....

Kahles1.jpg

Kahles2.jpg

Re: War Era Kahles Scope Catalog Pages

Very cool.
I have 2 of the zf95's and the quality is great.

Thanks for posting the pages.

Very nice. I have a CAD WW2 scope that was brought back by a soldier thinking it was a match to the Argentine 1909 sniper rifle it was laying next to before he picked them both up and brought them back to his farm in southern New York. Hanging in his barn for 60 years, he could not figure out why the mounts of the scope would not sit all the way down in the base on the rifle. He never bothered attempting to fire the rifle due to the scope not sitting on the rifle correctly. I purchased the rifle and scope, I am always a succor for a good story from a WW2 vet. After looking up info in ww2 sniper books, I learned that the rings on the scope are meant for a high turret mount while the base on the Argentine 1909 are for low turret mounts.
There must have been another soldier some where in the US that was sitting at his work bench thinking"Why is this dang scope not sitting in the mount on my K98?"
End of the story. The 1909 Argentine now has a proper original Zeiss Nedesco ww2 scope mounted on it and is a blast to shoot. The CAD will probably be up for sale on GB.It was such a great story that I will need to decide if it should stay with the Argentine 1909 just because.

RIO - nice story. I got a chuckle thinking the same thing about the two WW2 vets and trying to mount scopes. Thanks!