• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warne Mountain Tech Rings?

Crang

What me worry?
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2006
    Texas Hills
    Anybody use these? I cant find any reviews for them. Have a 35mm tube scope getting moved to a long range hunting rifle and the equivalent size for the TPS steel rings I have are 9.75ozs vs the 4.2 ozs of the Warne. Would like the weight savings if they are solid. They will get knocked around a lot.

I've used the mountain tech rings for a bit. I like them and have no reservations on recommending them for any application. I think you'll be pleased with these rings.

Reactions: Crang
    Awesome - thanks! Ill be picking up a pair. Was pleasantly surprised when I sent Warne an email asking their weight (they only have the weights for the 30 and 34mm posted on their website), and got a reply in less than a minute.

Leupold Backcountry are also an available light weight option. They're working great for me. 3.6oz

Leupold Backcountry are also an available light weight option. They're working great for me. 3.6oz

Thanks I hadnt seen those. When I first got the 35mm tube maybe 13 years ago, TPS were the only ones making them it seemed. Nice to have options now-

I have been using some 34mm Mountain Techs for more than a year with a 5.5-25x56mm Nightforce. With a side-by-side comparison to Nightforce's they appear to be same/same but different.

MTs top, NF bottom. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right?
    Ring-Comp.jpg