• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warne scope ring torque wrench

eagle359

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2003
Gretna, LA
I just got it from Brownells for under $30. It is a T-handle unit with a clutch that slips at 25 inlbs. It only fits Torx T15 screws. I was putting a scope on a LTR and gave it a try. If this is what 25 inlbs feels like-I have been over doing it for years.

Re: Warne scope ring torque wrench

I believe a 25"lbs. torque equals tightening a screw by 90°beyond finger tight. Most of us will overdo it, creating tensions inside the scope tube which, in turn, may be the cause of the mysterious problems sometimes encountered.

Yep it's amazing how little the 25lb is. I found when I started torqueing things and for giggles checking the torque I used that I was able to get the screws pretty consistent in their torque but typically used too much torque.

I just picked up a FAT wrench a couple of weeks ago and was very surprised myself to actually see how little 30lbs really is. I've been over torquing things for a while but no more!!

I like warne rings myself.a few years back i purchased the same torque wrench myself.It is amazing how little 25really is.I always wondered before purchaseing the torque tool how much i was really torqueing them.