• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warne Skyline Bipod Review

HousePlant

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2020
    Unless Warne has some kind of issue where they have counterfeits being sold for full price from reputable sites, the Warne Skyline bipod is not acceptable. At all. Just got it, just tested it out. I can't even use it reliably in my kitchen, let alone in the field or in a match or even at the firing range. The locking mechanism does NOT lock up the ball joint enough such that my 13 lbs. rifle setup doesn't just cant or pan anyway. I cannot pre-load the thing without coming out of level or panning. In in fact, in the past 30 minutes I have NOT been able to get my rifle to stay level... at all. On top of this, you have to do a creative reach-around to use the locking knob if you have the bipod facing such that the legs will 45* forward. The fact the legs won't position at the 45* front AND back is ridiculous, I don't care what patent it violates -- find a way around it or license it at the price these are sold.

The two positives are:
    - The leg height leg adjustment works easily and it's nice to have automatic (sort of) shortening in steps.
    - It's easy to adjust the orientation of the legs, unlike an Accu-Tac (which is otherwise vastly superior to the Warne).

Already requested an RMA number -- going straight back to where it came from. Bye Felicia!

And don't tell me "it's me, not the bipod". I can use the Accu-Tac without issue. I've used an Atlas before, which does pan, and didn't experience this. The Harris... no issues. I post this not to get a lecture, but because I wish more real reviews of products were online instead of paid for, all-positive stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
      IMG_0898.jpg
      698.3 KB · Views: 127
    • IMG_0899.jpg
      IMG_0899.jpg
      435 KB · Views: 131
    Last edited:
    You must have got a bad one I guess, I've been using one since March. Mine's been great, locks up tight, easy to adjust, just the right amount of flex for me, which is not much. Seems to be pretty tough too. I would like the legs about 1 inch wider at the top but plenty stable as it is. Sorry you're isn't performing as it should.
    Oh, for reference, mine's mounted on a 17 pound XLR Element chassis.

I have one that is awesome. Mine came directly from Warne and it’s the newest model, if that helps. I would contact Warne because mine locks up rock solid.

That being said I’m going to sell it only because I have enough bipods already.