• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warne tactical mounts

André

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2008
Belgium
I'm not satisfied with the alu Weaver bases and rings I used to mount my Nikon Monarch 6,5-20x44AO on my Rem 700 P in .308 Win.
Rem700P002.jpg

Any pro/ contra regarding Warne steel tactical base (1pc., Picatinny) and rings ?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Warne tactical mounts

Try give Pete Lincoln a call, Just had the same Q, for him.

"Our alloy rails are very strong, we only have steel because some folk can't get it into thier heads that there are very strong types of alloy available, the alloy is definately stronger than Warne steel rails,, !! we tested it !!"

85€

Regards Palle

Warne is pretty good stuff.
The lowest Tac rings they make are mediums, which are a bit high IMO.

Here is a pic of a Nikon Tac 4-16x50 on a TPS 20MOA base in Warne Medium Tac rings...see how high it is....

CamoVS2.jpg

Well RHutch, height looks about the same as on my present outfit. Not being a stock crawler (I shoot with my head rather erect), it doesn't bother me. Nice rifle you got there, is the stock McMillan ?

warne tac. are very good.I think they come in omoa 10 moa and 20 moa.
I personally have the 0 moa. Now i wish i would have opted for the 20moa.at the time i didnt think the tactical bug would bite as hard as it has.
Personally i think if you plan on staying in this sport for any length of time.20 moa is the way to go.as with anything you practice at your skill level will increase.Before you know it your hits will get further and further away until eventulay you will run out of elevation adjustment.Then you will end up like a lot of people including me wishing you would have opted for the 20moa.

It is an HS VS stock, duracoated to resemble GAP camo.

I have the 20moa base for my Savage and it seems very solid and precise. Well made product. Reasonably priced as well.

im not impressed whit warnes workmanship. One of my frend bought warnes 20 moa base and 1" tactical rings.
Warnenalustapaskatyst.jpg

Well one of those ring did have a problem whit thread of that 1/2" hex screw. When we started the tightnening, the inner threat where the 1/2” hex nut screw goes broke down. the metal on rings was really weak, and didnt sustain the tightnes, that the rings should have last in normal. We was about to use the 65in/lb of torque
but i barely even started the tightning before the thread broke down. I was using the torque wrench when tightnening the screw.

But Warnes custom service was just great! No shipping/custom cost or anything!

Before, alu Weaver
Rem700P002.jpg

Now, steel Warne
R700Warne2002.jpg

I got my Warne tacticals and was surprised by their weight. They look quite solid and well built.

No, I took the straight 0 MOA as I'm limited to a 100 m range.