• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warne vs. F3R vs. MPA BA. Thoughts?

Savageman2506

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2023
Arizona
I've finally got all my pieces for my Origin build, I'm having the action, barrel and muzzle device mounted at my local gunsmith because I still have an apartment and don't yet have a good workbench to screw a vise down to.

Now I'm on to optics and bases. I've already started a thread on optics, so I have a decent inkling of what I want. As far as one piece bases go, I want something fairly low profile if possible, 30mm tube most likely, with a 50mm objective. Anyone have experience with the MPA BA mounts, the F3R 30mm mounts, or the Warne 7814M or 7817M mounts?

I've finally got all my pieces for my Origin build, I'm having the action, barrel and muzzle device mounted at my local gunsmith because I still have an apartment and don't yet have a good workbench to screw a vise down to.

Now I'm on to optics and bases. I've already started a thread on optics, so I have a decent inkling of what I want. As far as one piece bases go, I want something fairly low profile if possible, 30mm tube most likely, with a 50mm objective. Anyone have experience with the MPA BA mounts, the F3R 30mm mounts, or the Warne 7814M or 7817M mounts?
EGW HD base, ARC M-Brace 30mm Low rings/mount.

Never used an F3R but have used the other two and they are good. The Warne will give a bigger footprint on the scope but the MPA holds just fine.

Reactions: Savageman2506
Thanks guys. I'm waiting for my expertvoice account to be verified to see if ARC or any of the other common bases/mounts are available. I am eligible to get 50% of Warne accessories so it's a tempting option, but only if they're good to go when it comes to a quality base.

You shouldn’t need a base as the Origin comes with a 20 moa base. All you should need is the mount for the scope to attach to the base.

Of the three mentioned, and they're all decent, the F3R is a great value.

The F3R is a very good mount. I use them on pretty much all my target rifles. Very well made and look good. I’ve used the other two as well. Good mounts also, I just prefer the F3R.