• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warne vs TBAC bipod vs Accutac

penguinofsleep

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2020
Somewhere USA
For those who have owned and/or used all 3, were there any major preferences for one or the other in your own opinion? I realize I'm probably going to have to try all 3 eventually to form a real opinion, but if there is a noticeable crowd favorite I'm going to start there.

Warne seems to be like a faster / easier to deploy and more thought out Atlas for almost the same price if I'm willing to shop around, buy used, etc.
TBAC seems to be the best general purpose bipod one can buy/find with no real drawback for my preferences other than being more $ than everyone. Also, do they ever have sales or discounts?
Accutac seems a bit heavy / chonky but I imagine this wouldn't be an issue or could even be beneficial on a rifle that needs to be heavier, have balance shifted, or is just a heavy rifle and needs a heavy bipod to support it. Also similar to Warne and Atlas in price if I'm willing to shop around, used, etc.

Currently have experience with Harris, Atlas, and Magpul bipods. Never warmed up to the Harris bipods after years of use but I will admit they work well enough. Atlas V10 gen2 is OK but I don't like how inconvenient some of the adjustments are for me (in b4 practice more... absolutely true, but why not just big brain mode it and not have the issue/s exist in the first place). Have a little experience with Bobro and GG&G. Didn't like GG&G as much as Atlas V10 gen2 - most adjustments just weren't as convenient and no KMW / tensioning lever. Bobro was nice but I don't feel like buying a product that costs as much as it does and is only available in very limited runs (which I imagine also implies limited support on the off chance that I need it).

FWIW, Cyke pod looks great too but I don't need something that big nor do I want something that finnicky right now.

Last edited:
I don't have experience with all three of those. But I have been using the TBAC bipod for the last couple field type matches. I have the additional leg extenders that came in very handy. Changing out to the leg extenders or feet is very simple without tools and is secure, no worries of them coming loose. The bipod is extremely well made, fit and finish is flat out awesome. So far, I really love this bipod and can highly recommend it.

I have the Accutac HD50. Limited use. Built like a tank. Bigger and wider than the others

Have a TBAC. Works excellent. Fast to deploy. Not heavy. Don’t care for the way the leg extends. What I mean by that is if you get dirt/mud on the leg when extended it will draw that inside the leg when collapsing. Similar to a Harris. A bit more slop than the Atlas

Also have Atlas Cal Gen II. This is my workhorse bipod. Has the hawk hill feet. Love everything about this bipod. For my purposes this is my current favorite

I’ve never seen a warne bipod. Also have 5 or so harris that serve their purpose

Reactions: penguinofsleep
@gebhardt02 have you been adding the extensions on the clock or are they not that fast/easy to swap?

I went double pull for the next set of NRLH matches but is the extension/TBAC combo is still something I want to try this summer.
Thanks

I’ve owned all 3, I could list some plus and minuses ect but I think it’s easier just to say TBAC is the best of the 3 and it’s really not close (imo).

TBAC did a great job, they do deploy quick, the crux is close to the rail attachment point so they do not sit too high, they can still be set to 45 degrees to get lower, very tight and simple to retighten.

I would absolutely buy again. The only thing worth looking at is Ckyepods if you are going to be shooting more field match environments but they can come in handy too at PRS. More versatile than TBAC but in my experience more finicky with bolts loosening and legs extending while moving.

Of course you didn’t ask about Ckyes so I’ll leave it with this: TBAC do it you won’t regret it.

PRS or PRS style matches is more of a secondary interest for me at the moment.

I went double pull because couldn’t find anything that pointed to the TBAC being able to deploy as a 7-8 tall bipod and transition to a 11-12 bipod on the same run on the clock.

Hence my question about being able to swap legs fast. Stages at most these matches are blind and you cant really gameplan the height.

Thanks

@Mr. F I don't try to add the leg extenders on the clock, still too slow for that. But if you have time to determine they'll be needed, they are easy to add in just a minute or less.

PRS or PRS style matches is more of a secondary interest for me at the moment.

I went double pull because couldn’t find anything that pointed to the TBAC being able to deploy as a 7-8 tall bipod and transition to a 11-12 bipod on the same run on the clock.

Hence my question about being able to swap legs fast. Stages at most these matches are blind and you cant really gameplan the height.

Thanks
What about running them extended and when you need them that much shorter set them at the 45 degree setting? I’ve done this with my Warne.

Got the tbac and have a warne on the way soon too. Going to share for others out there who may be wondering / looking.

So far the tbac has been really good but with 3 minor gripes.
1. The legs will rotate freely so if forward pressure is applied, the bipod will slowly walk forwards if the legs are deployed at 90deg downwards. I know some older versions of the Atlas do this and they removed this in later versions / models - not sure why TBAC kept this or if there is actually some benefit to this I'm not aware of.
2. If forwards or rearwards pressure has been applied to the legs, resulting in pressure / internal friction being applied to the 45 degree button / release, this button will typically bind. i.e. I have to reach up, take the tension off by wiggling the leg a bit to center it in it's internal slot, and then push the button again to fold to 45 deg. Not that we often put rearward tension on the legs, but I've also noticed that this happens much more with forward than rearward pressure applied, making me speculate that it's more likely a manufacturing rather than a design issue. Additionally, sometimes even if the legs are facing straight down, ex no internal tension / friction on the 45 deg locking mechanism, the release will still bind. Lubrication has only made a very marginal difference here - it's only easier to push if it's already not binding. Does not apply when unlocking the legs in 45 deg to pull them back to 90deg.
3. Can't put the legs 45 deg rearwards without installing the bipod backwards.

With all of this being said though, I do like it as much or slightly more than the Atlas for most guns. I do like how easy it is to change the feet, really like how fast it deploys, it's very stable, lighter than it should be for the performance it offers, and more or less has the typical features people generally want. On the flip side, I do agree that some people will like the Atlas much more. Will share about the Warne once it arrives and I play with it a bit.

Last edited: