• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warner Flatline Bullets

dukelog

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Any experience with these bullets? I did a quick search, but didn't find anything so i am posting the question. I loaded 25 rounds of increasing powder charges with the 160gr .308 in my 308 Win. The rifle is a shooter. Petersen Brass. Federal G 205 primer. Win 748 powder (which Warner's data showed to be the highest velocity) I shot 5 rounds into a 4.5 inch pattern at 100 yards. I didn't continue shooting the rest of the loads. This level of "grouping" isn't a powder problem; it's a seating depth issue. Do any of you have guidance on how far off the lands to start? I emailed Warner, but haven't heard back yet.

Any experience with these bullets? I did a quick search, but didn't find anything so i am posting the question. I loaded 25 rounds of increasing powder charges with the 160gr .308 in my 308 Win. The rifle is a shooter. Petersen Brass. Federal G 205 primer. Win 748 powder (which Warner's data showed to be the highest velocity) I shot 5 rounds into a 4.5 inch pattern at 100 yards. I didn't continue shooting the rest of the loads. This level of "grouping" isn't a powder problem; it's a seating depth issue. Do any of you have guidance on how far off the lands to start? I emailed Warner, but haven't heard back yet.
I was told by Warner that throats in the .080 to .125 range in .308 Win seem to work pretty well and that accuracy seems to manifest at 0.010-0.020" off and 0.050-0.060" off. That was for the 180s.

I have yet to load them yet but I'll be interested in hearing how it develops for you.