• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warner Tool Build-Parts List

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I am getting ready to send the parts I have to Warner Tool to have it built in .300 Win Mag. They Said it would take about 2 months to get the barrel (Bartlien) and another 2 months for the build itself. The parts I have in the pic below include:

McMillan A-5 Stock
Badger Ordnance M5 Bottom Metal
1 Xtra AI Mag
CG Trigger
Badger Ordnance Maximized Titanium Recoil Lug
Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-pod
Surgeon Rifles KMW Bolt Knob
PRI 20moa Scope Rail
Badeger Ordnance USMC Scope Rings
Rem700 L/A - Totally Trued over (brand new action)
Rem700 L/A Bolt- Totally Trued over (Brand new bolt)
Trigger Work- 2.5lbs
Bartlien MTU Contour in 26" Length
All Metal painted in Cerakote Flat Dark Earth
Havnt decided on what scope but probly USO SN3 T-PAL
New Firing pin assembly w/o the lock

Custombuildpartspic1.jpg

Has anyone ever had any work done by them? I heard they are one of the best,Top Drawer. I cant wait to get it built. All together 4-5 months doesnt sound to bad compared to other places, figured I would get it build thru the winter months.

Re: Warner Tool Build-Parts List

What type of .300WM reamer are you going with?

A few monthes back I had my .300WM set back and rechambered with PT&G's .300WM Match with a tight, no turn neck and had excellent results.

Looks like all the rite ingredients for a nice tactical platform.

Longrange,

You should not be dissapointed. I've a 6x47SM built buy them that is spot on. The current F-class world champion's rifle was built by them and he won by a good ways so they do work.

Enjoy!

Brgds English

They don't come any better, but I would be very surprised if you get the rifle in 6 months. A friend had a Palma rifle built by them. I took about 9 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am getting ready to send the parts I have to Warner Tool to have it built in .300 Win Mag. They Said it would take about 2 months to get the barrel (Bartlien) and another 2 months for the build itself. The parts I have in the pic below include:

McMillan A-5 Stock
Badger Ordnance M5 Bottom Metal
1 Xtra AI Mag
Badger Ordnance Maximized Titanium Recoil Lug
Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-pod
Surgeon Rifles KMW Bolt Knob
PRI 20moa Scope Rail
Badeger Ordnance USMC Scope Rings
Rem700 L/A - Totally Trued over (brand new action)
Rem700 L/A Bolt- Totally Trued over (Brand new bolt)
Trigger Work- 2.5lbs
Bartlien MTU Contour in 26" Length
All Metal painted in Cerakote Flat Dark Earth
Havnt decided on what scope but probly USO SN3 T-PAL
New Firing pin assembly w/o the lock

Has anyone ever had any work done by them? I heard they are one of the best,Top Drawer. I cant wait to get it built. All together 4-5 months doesnt sound to bad compared to other places, figured I would get it build thru the winter months.

</div></div>

Warner does have a top shelf reputation for parts and work. You will not be disappointed.

What bullets are you sending thru it, and what twist barrel? They (Bartlien) do have gain twists that are seeing good results. Since you already have the rings, it sounds like you've decided on the scope pretty well, and your choice is a good one.

I sure was impressed with the NSWC 300WMs with the A191 chambers. They were running 1:10" Hart or McMillan 26" barrels back then. They had special lugs that extended horizontally from the .300" thick lug with an extra bedding screw from the bottom to give extra support for the barrels and help with the torque from firing.

I have had several people, who themselves are either amongst the best shooters or best manufacturers, tell me that Warner is their "go-to" gunsmith when nobody else can get it done. You can't get better than Warner. As with most folks in his class.....there might be a little "delay" in getting the work done...I hear he takes his sweet-ass time.
smile.gif

+1 what the other guys are saying about Warner.

I have two rifles built by them, 7WSM and 6x47L. Friggin hammers. English forgot to mention that they also built either 4 or 5 of the other British F-Class team members rifles. They won; not bad.

You will not be disappointed.

JeffVN

I just got everthing shipped out a couple days ago to Warner Tool and they got my package of parts in 2 days (UPS)!

I decided to go with a CG Mod22 trigger instead of having my stock trigger adjusted.

Also decided to go with the Birdsong Finish instead of Cerakote as long as Birdsong still coats Dark Earth. I was just on Birdsongs website and it says they have Green-T, Black-T, Desert Tan, Dark Earth for colors. If you go into the photo gallery on their page you could see all those colors painted.

I guess its going to be a long wait for the barrel (Bartlien 26" MTU Contour)

I cant wait to get this rifle back! im sure I wont be dissapointed. I have seen a couple of the rifles they built and they look very nice. If your reading this post and have had a rifle built by them, post a pic of it. I would love to see it.

When i was talking to them (Warner Tool) over the phone, he kinda hates having the barrel and action coated (birdsong, cerakote, etc) after he trues it cuz after they coat all the parts they just trued up it kinda defeats the purpose of truing it.

How much does coating actually take up? I would think if it was that much everyone wouldnt be coating their guns! Right?!!