• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warning about Trojan Horse & Kel-Tec Website

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Just in case anyone here does visit the Kel-Tec website be prepared to most likely have your computer either infected or attacked by a trojan horse virus that is a fake AVG/rescue/PC tune-up program. Kel-Tec even warns on their website that they have had problems with viruses but thought they hd the problem fixed. Believe me they didn't. I was running real AVG antivirus and the trojan horse slipped in under it. My antivirus program would tell me nothing was wrong, everything was clean. I went & bought a completely different antivirus program Sunday and as soon as I installed & ran it it found the trojan horse and took care of it. But too late, as soon as the thing hit my hard drive it wiped out a bunch of pics & documents. Anyways, I thought I would give everyone a heads up if you didn't already know.

Re: Warning about Trojan Horse & Kel-Tec Website

Which AV program caught and cleaned it?

Thanks for the heads up

According to their information this was 2 months ago.

"04-04-2012
Hello from Kel-Tec!

We realize we sound like a broken record at this point, however, in light of continuing issues with our site, our developers once again went back to the drawing board and have returned confident that the virus issue is a thing of the past."

The antivirus program that caught it & cleaned it up was Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. I also thought they had cleaned it up by raeding on their site what Tucker posted but my problems began almost immediately after visiting their site.

Damn,their website designers are as bad as their manufacturing. Who'da thunk dat wuz possable.