• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warning!!! Barnes Bullets!

VWPD470

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Van Wert, Ohio
I just ordered 4 boxes of Barnes 62 TSX direct from Barnes. I noticed 3 boxes had stickers recommending 1:9 twist but the 4th box said 1:8 twist. I opened all the boxes and found the box with the 1:8 twist sticker had a different bullet than the other 3. I confirmed all boxes said 62 TSX. I weighed the odd box with the 1:8 sticker and found they were 70 grain bullets, not 62's. Not bashing Barnes but want to get the word out to check your boxes. An email was sent to Barnes, so I am waiting for a reply.

Attachments

• Barnes1.jpg
    Barnes1.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Barnes2.jpg
    Barnes2.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Barnes3.jpg
    Barnes3.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Wow
Reactions: BLEE and J. W.
People need to remember to always check boxes of bullets bought together for lot #’s and then to weigh samples and check dimensional samples to make sure everything matches up. What happened to you is a bit different as it is an obvious packaging error. But, it’s a good reminder of what can happen. I hope, I know, Barnes will make it right for you.

Reactions: Pbgt
Count yourself lucky. We cannot get Barnes bullets in New Zealand.