• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING: Be careful, when you purchase from www.opticsplanet.com

jawcn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
I have been using opticsplanet.com for many many years now, and I bought a lot of products from them... thousands of dollar

I was doing my CyberMonday shopping. By accident, I used my new laptop from work to browse OP, and the browser did not log me in automatically. When I came across "Target Vision ELR Two Mile Range Camera System," it showed $768.24 with 15% off coupon, which would cost me $653. I was ready to pull the trigger on it. I logged into my account, "VIP pricing on," and the damn price went up to $791.12 !!!

WTF is this??? they are trying to charge me more because I bought a lot of stuff from them??? I emailed customer service, no response after three days. I live-chat with their online customer service agent "Kathleen" who claims it is only a web error, and offer me $650 on the product. WTF again!!! This should be correct price from the beginning.

Again, if anyone want to make a purchase from them, make sure you browse the website without log-in. They are losing my biz for sure...

155o0lg.jpg

2z5npfr.jpg

Reactions: diverdon
They might have some kind of velocity price adjustment. If something sells many units quickly they creep up the price. It says 3 left when cheap and 2 left when increased, makes me think that is why. The listed price is also a strange number in both cases which could be from a program trying to determine the optimal selling point.

You clearly are an idiot and should never use the computer again.

As has been mentioned one point five assloads of times, OpticsPlanet sucks. Never use them and instead purchase a vendor that supports the Hide and helps the sport.

Hi,

You are aware of the disclaimer "Prices are subject to change without notice"? That means your "VIP pricing on" does not override their pricing policy. They tried making it right to you by offering the product for even lower than your "VIP pricing" yet you "WTF Again"...

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Monk Medic
Sounds like my experience with Allstate insurance, was allways a good little minion and loyal customer for over 10 years. Had one dispute with them that didn't sit well with me did some shopping around and ended up saving a bunch of money with another company.
Damn now I sound like a fucking commercial

Orealy?
:ROFLMAO:LOL...you’re the fucking idiot if you hate them, but have bought thousands of dollars of shit from them and continue to do so. I’m all for bashing vendors when they act like dicks, but complaining when they offered it to you for less than listed and they said it was a web mistake is unreasonable.

Bought two Proof barrels from them on their Black Friday whichwere listed in stock. Got an email yesterday saying it will be a 3-5 month wait for shipment. So now have to decide whether to let it ride or just cancel the order...

Bought two Proof barrels from them on their Black Friday whichwere listed in stock. Got an email yesterday saying it will be a 3-5 month wait for shipment. So now have to decide whether to let it ride or just cancel the order...
Id cancel. It sure seems like when an item is out of stock they pull estimated ship dates out of their ass. I had one similar "out of stock" experience and haven't shopped there since.

Reactions: JimLee
Yeah, I bought one the same day from OTM and it was delivered yesterday...
Hey Nik, I’m gonna roll with your “constantly learning” line and cancel the order. Sucks cause they were about $630 each...

Yeah, I bought one the same day from OTM and it was delivered yesterday...
Hey Nik, I’m gonna roll with your “constantly learning” line and cancel the order. Sucks cause they were about $630 each...
I think you’ve got a much better reason to bitch. OP is a huge operation, and with that you’re not going to get the kind of service we’re used to in our small hobby.

YMMV but they’ve honored coupons over the phone on stuff that weren’t applicable so I haven’t had an issue with them yet. I just shop smart... shop s-mart.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
OP’s situation isn’t surprising. I work in retail and tech. When you are coding special pricing deals for Black Friday all kinds of weird crap shows up that you didn’t intend because it’s special code and 4-6x volume of normal traffic.

Then you get a bunch of people think you are doing it intentionally when in reality it’s some tech issue that you’re trying to solve or just learned about. Had my turkey this year with a side of war rooms, emergency calls and unexpected tech behavior. Gotta love Black Friday.

I read reviews on my tech products all the time with people complaining about stuff I’m either working really hard to fix or just plain user errors.

Suck it up buttercup... sounds like their customer service was making it right for you and you came here and crapped on them for it.

The two purchases I've made from Optics Planet have been flawless and the price fantastic.

I scored a Steiner P4Xi 1-4X 5202 from them for $477 including shipping and sales tax on Black Friday.

I order a lot from optics planet. Only complaint I have it it takes forever to ship. Mostly I order from them because they take PayPal. Keeps my wife from knowing how much I’ve spent getting stuff for guns and reloading. Lol

I buy from them all the time. I’ve seen pricing glitches go both ways. I’ve gotten some really good deals when the glitch was in the customers favor.

Another vote that OP sounds like a bitch. You called, they offered to make the deal what it would have been with the coupon, why you whining? I'd be elated to get someone on the phone on the 1st try who was willing to and empowered to override what "the system" said you should pay.

I ordered from O.P. once, even after reading the complaints. It was a few things I didn't need fast, and with codes they were the cheapest place. Didn't do anything to wow me, I probably won't order from them again except under the same circumstances, but even my BO'd item shipped in a reasonable time. It was a solidly "meh" buying experience.

I have no problems buying from Optics Planet, I know how to read their tea leaves (it's really not hard) and you can get some crazy deals if you work their system. I will say this: If it doesn't say "in stock" be prepared to wait at LONG time. I almost never do that, but have on occasion if the price seems crazy good and I'm not in a hurry.

Yes, you have to take the good with the bad in this life. If you want personalized service be willing to pay for it.

-Stooxie

I recently had a small problem with OP. I got someone on the phone and they made it right. Shit happens, but they made it right and I am happy. I have been dealing with them for years. If you had a problem with pricing you can ship it back and OP will pay the shipping. Come on dude, I think you need a safe space.

Reactions: 308pirate
I’ve found that on the more specialized and higher dollar stuff they struggle. Tried to order a JP Bore Guide (specialized, not high dollar) once and that failed, ended up being a 3-6 month wait.
But for general gun stuff I’ve found them to be convenient at times. You can usually get a discount and free shipping out of them

I'm not sure WTF is wrong with some of you

I ordered a scope from them on 11/24 and I got it 11/28, and at a price that no one has been able to beat yet.

But like someone else said, I pounced on it when I saw the deal and saw that they had them in stock.

Reactions: Rerun7 and Stooxie
They now also charge sales tax to hawaii
They charge me sales tax on the scope I bought last week, so that sucks. But even with that, they beat every single motherfucker selling the same thing all over the country, on that day that I wanted to buy one.

$477 with shipping and tax for a Steiner P4Xi 1-4X delivered in 3 working days, fuck yeah I'll keep buying from Optics Planet all day every day and twice on Sunday for deals like that.

Reactions: Stooxie
I buy from them all the time. I’ve seen pricing glitches go both ways. I’ve gotten some really good deals when the glitch was in the customers favor.

Same here.

I got a DMR II for $1002 shipped earlier this year.

I’ve ordered there for years and plan to continue. I check the in-stock BEFORE I hit buy and I don’t order if it’s not available. Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure it’s the buyers responsibility to make sure the item they want is in stock.

Sales tax for online purchases is becoming a regular occurrence because legislation was passed by the Gubment so they didn’t have as much advantage over box retailers. It’s always been a thing if the online entity had any physical presence in that state including distribution centers, etc.

Some people just can’t be pleased. If you can do better somewhere else then go for it and tell us where to get the best deals.

They now also charge sales tax to hawaii

New Federal Law requires State sales tax to be charged now on internet sales (based on where the item is shipping to).

I just ordered from OP today, and noticed the sales tax added, wereas it was never charged in the past. The good thing is OP only charges the State sales tax, and doesn't add any City or County tax to it like other vendors do.

I'm not sure WTF is wrong with some of you

I ordered a scope from them on 11/24 and I got it 11/28, and at a price that no one has been able to beat yet.

But like someone else said, I pounced on it when I saw the deal and saw that they had them in stock.
They’re fucking scared of you!

Reactions: 1J04
They charge me sales tax on the scope I bought last week, so that sucks. But even with that, they beat every single motherfucker selling the same thing all over the country, on that day that I wanted to buy one.

$477 with shipping and tax for a Steiner P4Xi 1-4X delivered in 3 working days, fuck yeah I'll keep buying from Optics Planet all day every day and twice on Sunday for deals like that.

https://dsgarms.com/stn5202

$445 free shipping. Have to log in to see price.

I haven’t had an issue with Optics Planet but I’m wary from all the reviews here. I would buy from them if they are the only ones that have an item or are significantly cheaper. Which has been the case several times.

That being said, the ops reason for not liking them is retarded. They made a error on their website (most likely the coupon code was removed when you logged in) and they were happy to make it up to you. WTF did you expect them to do?

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
The fact that their website and coupon system seems to be a mess is half the appeal. I know I've scored stuff that MUST have been mistakenly priced. I think they just aren't able to figure out when too many discounts are stacking up and there's clearly enough margin in all this stuff that it doesn't matter.

Also, if you put stuff in your cart or "save or later" the prices will fluctuate (ala Amazon). Stack on one of their coupon codes and you can get away with [what feels like] murder. If it says "in stock" it will ship. If not, it WILL ship eventually but it could be ages.

That's been my experience with them. They do take returns with no questions asked, and that's pretty darn useful, too.

-Stooxie

Reactions: Primus
Just bought from them Friday last week. Stuff arrived yesterday.

Gear as expected.

I have some returns to make.

I will see how it goes. So far so good.

I hardly ever walk into a gun store with questions for the clerks, and I just have very low expectations of retailers either online or in bricks. Size matters a lot. The bigger they are the lower my expectations.
I feel totally different abou SH vendors/mfgs and people selling the kit we buy here. I’ve shot with quite a few, and they’re “one of us”.

I've used Optics Planet a bunch of times. Just ordered something from them yesterday. They have really good prices on some stuff, and I can't say that I've ever had a problem.

Sounds like what happened to the OP was just some kind of coding error/mistake by Optics Planet. The fact that they subsequently agreed to sell it to him below the original lower price and he's still complaining makes the guy sound like a WLB.

Sounds like my experience with Allstate insurance, was allways a good little minion and loyal customer for over 10 years. Had one dispute with them that didn't sit well with me did some shopping around and ended up saving a bunch of money with another company.
Damn now I sound like a fucking commercial
Allstate is the worst. If you are ex military or are married to ex military then sign up,with USAA. They are far and away the best insurance agency in the world.....

I tried to order a holster from Optics Planet years ago, they wanted a photo copy of my ID because of ITAR restrictions (on a freaking holster). I told them go piss up a rope and have never bought a damn thing from them.

Some states require online sales tax.. I know any Idaho vendor I buy from charges me sales tax .. can't think of any others that do

A little secret about OP ... if you chat them on a big ticket item and ask for a better price, you will likely get it. The savings won't be as good as you can get from CALLING Hide Sponsors though.

Reactions: Rerun7 and Fig
So, you are whining because they offered to sell it to you for $650 instead of $760?

The best prices via OP is using live chat, you ask them for the lowest possible price on a given item, give them the product number, etc. and 98% of the time you will get it at a lower, often much lower price.

Stop with the stupid whining.

And as for Optics Planet they are just fine. I usually always get the best prices from them and get my items quickly. Bunch of big babies on this thread.