• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Warning Crux Suppressors

Vidar

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2017
ID
Hey all,

If you are on the fence or considering purchasing a Crux suppressor I would run away from them now. I have one and it has not worked from day one. The can leaks at both ends and sent my suppressor cover flying down range after a shot.

I reached out to them to have the suppressor checked out to see what is wrong with it. The front desk dude Brennan informed me that thier SOT has expired and they cannot currently repair my can. In my opinion, a company that sells any NFA items and allows thier license to sell NFA expire they are not a stable company. If you need further proof give them a call and you will not get ahold of an actual person.

I have asked them for a refund but I doubt they will do it, please do not make the same.mistake that I have made and buy a can from a good manufacturer.

Reactions: required_user_name
They said they are in the process of moving, restructuring, blah blah blah. The "blog" section on thier website explains what is going on, it sounds a lot like Hillary explaining her emails and server to Congress. The best part is at the end of the bs message. The new fancy title dude says " please contact us to personally assist you" and his contact info is xxx-xxx-xxxx or email him at [email protected]
I dont know what kind of phone they are using mine doesnt call the number x....

How old, how long have you had it? How many rounds through it?

The reason I ask is that I own 3, but are actually Templar engraved as it was before Crux was spun off of Templar tactical. I think only about the first 18 months were made under the Templar name. To get service I call Crux.

The early ones as I have had issue with cracking through the engraving. 2 of mine had to be "repaired". One cracked just sitting in my vault, never had a round through it.

So I am asking to see if this is something new that has popped up or is it on older products.

It has been 3ish years since I had to deal with them. Up to that point they were nice to deal with.

Hi,

Ah Ok, so researched this a little.

FWIW, This can work out to be a good thing for not only Crux but their customers and potential customers but the immediate pains are going to be felt by everyone IMO.

So it appears that Crux Suppressors has been sold and is indeed under new management. Curtis Proske (founder and designer) is out of the picture and has been replaced.

Sincerely,
Theis

just bought one and waiting on the transfer, have a old one that i bought on a group buy here templar tactical that ive never had a problem with. hope the new one works as well

@ 2ndamendment I have had it for 3 years and shot it less than 50 rounds. I have other suppressors and didnt shoot this one very much as it never was pleasant to shoot without ear protection and now it's basically a muzzle break.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
just bought one and waiting on the transfer, have a old one that i bought on a group buy here templar tactical that ive never had a problem with. hope the new one works as well
Yea that is when I got mine as well.

@THEIS

I usually try my best to not bitch about things but this is nuts. I get that every manufacturer can have issues but this is alarming to me at the least. I am hoping that whenever the new group can get thier act together maybe my can will be fixed. Until that happens I am stuck with a worthless product or the most expensive muzzle break i have ever had.

Hi,

O I completely understand your frustration....IF you would not have the problem then their transition probably could have been completed without it drawing so much attention to it :)

I hope they at least get suppressors like yours fixed before manufacturing newer ones!!!
Maybe they run a repair and warranty program/service then go into full blown manufacturing.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Have a buddy that’s has been waiting for seal to be replaced for like 2-3 months now. This explains it I guess. He never even took the can home. His form 4 came back approved and they discovered it when they had it out finishing up the paperwork.

Reactions: Vidar
@HansohnBrothers

Well that's what the dude(Brennan)said in his email reply to me. I was hoping someone with more knowledge would chime in with more info. I'm not surprised that they lied to me. From my experience and from what others have said about them a lie is the standard response. I will see what they tell me after I tell then that.

Thanks!

Reactions: JimmyB62
@HansohnBrothers

Well that's what the dude(Brennan)said in his email reply to me. I was hoping someone with more knowledge would chime in with more info. I'm not surprised that they lied to me. From my experience and from what others have said about them a lie is the standard response. I will see what they tell me after I tell then that.

Thanks!
I wouldn't say they are lying, I don't know them. Maybe they are unaware of the regulations? Another point, if you shipped the silencer directly to them, they can send it directly back to you, also no SOT required.

All the SOT is for is NFA tax free manufacturing and transfer to other SOTs.

Reactions: Vidar
All the SOT is for is NFA tax free manufacturing and transfer to other SOTs.
Just some off handed comments here. I do remember that part of the code, that allows non SOT gunsmiths to repair NFA firearms. For non silencer NFA firearms, there is a good chance that a problem could be remedied by a repair that did not involve the fabrication of new NFA parts (e.g. put a new barrel on a MG). While there are certainly some silencer repairs like this (eg, chase threads), the serious repairs pretty much always involve the manufacture of new silencer parts, which a non SOT cannot do AFAIK.

Hi,

So does anyone know if it was Lancer Systems that acquired Crux? Being earlier this year they were in various publications stating their 2019 partnership.

Sincerely,
Theis

We most definitely did not buy Crux suppressors. I wasn't onboard with Lancer when that all happened but we definitely did not buy them.

Hi,

So does anyone know if it was Lancer Systems that acquired Crux? Being earlier this year they were in various publications stating their 2019 partnership.

Sincerely,
Theis

I bought 2 cans during the group buy and both cracked. A buddy of mine bought 1 and it cracked too. They took care of it but weren't very easy to deal with. They acted like it was the first time they heard of any of them splitting when my buddies split. When I took possession of mine a few months later and both split, they still acted like they never heard of a failure before.

Hopefully whoever acuired the company is better at manufacturing, business, and integrity than the original people.

I bought an ArchAngel 338 last year. The end cap was out of concentricity and I had the slightest bullet wipe on it, enough to send my rounds flying haphazardly in no particular direction. I also noticed leakage around the end cap. I sent it back to them and waited about 4 months before I got it back, two months past the promised return, but still better than most (I also dealt with Brennan). Took it out on labor day for the first time since getting it back a few months ago. No more end cap swipes and the accuracy is spot on. I still see a little leakage on the front end cap, and had a lot on the back end, but that could be my Area 419 adapter, not sure...

Hi,

FWIW....Same guys that are talking of being new owners, etc have been listed on the corporation paperwork since at least 2016 and it appears they have retained Brennan as an employee, lol....Search how many people have complained about Brennan.
So it is not really new ownership....just removal of a single owner.

Sincerely,
Theis

TitleName and Address
DIRECTORCADE NOBLES
12621 TX-105 W #304 CONROE, TX 77304
DIRECTORCHRIS MAY
DIRECTORCURTIS PROSKE
DIRECTORTYLER NOBLES

Unfortunate as they have suppressors with some great specs, DB numbers aside. Glad I chose a different company. Buying through Hansohn was fantastic as well!

Hey all,

I got a call from one of the owners and we discussed the following:

1. They bought Curtis out of ownership of the company and they were the original investors in the company and now they are active in the operations and management of the company.

2. They are moving thier operations to a new facility (same area) with better production capabilities and more staff members to address what they have identified as insuffiecnt.

3. They will be open an operating soon and plan to improve production and support moving forword.

I will wait and see what happens, they cant do any worse than they have...

I will keep everyone posted with this process.

Thank you all for your input and experiences.

Sorry I forgot to mention that Curtis no longer had anything to do with the company. Which in my opinion is a great first step.

Reactions: TheMammoth
I own 2 of the original ark 30 direct threads. Cracked the tube badly on one, luckily my Armageddon cover took the brunt of it and my face didn't. Sent it back to be replaced a while ago, haven't shot it any since receiving.

Still have the second one which I don't shoot much. Guess I need to wait until the new company management gets up to speed, wrap it in a cover and see how it fares.

Seriously, don't shoot your Crux/ Templars uncovered.

I bought 2 cans during the group buy and both cracked. A buddy of mine bought 1 and it cracked too. They took care of it but weren't very easy to deal with. They acted like it was the first time they heard of any of them splitting when my buddies split. When I took possession of mine a few months later and both split, they still acted like they never heard of a failure before.

Hopefully whoever acuired the company is better at manufacturing, business, and integrity than the original people.

Dude it drives me insane when manufacturers do that “play stupid” act when there is a well know recurring issue with a product they have.

Well shit. Im waiting on my stamp to come back for my 375 Archangel. Definitely don’t want that thing to crack.
Also waiting on my muzzle brake from them....

Crux was templar. We bought like 7 cans for work and they were all sent back because of the tubes cracking. Quite a bad deal. A couple of them only had a few rounds down them before they bananna split.
Good luck.
Xdeano

Well shit. Im waiting on my stamp to come back for my 375 Archangel. Definitely don’t want that thing to crack.
Also waiting on my muzzle brake from them....
You will be fine. The cracking issue is from years ago. My replacements have been flawless for quite awhile.

Crux was templar. We bought like 7 cans for work and they were all sent back because of the tubes cracking. Quite a bad deal. A couple of them only had a few rounds down them before they bananna split.
Good luck.
Xdeano
I can beat that. I too was in on the original group buy. I got 3, before mine were approved the cracking issue had raised its ugly head, here on the forum. Once my forms were approved and I took possession I inspected all very thoroughly. No cracks at that time.
I figured I was late enough in the group buy that I was good.

Fast forward about 3 years and I was cleaning a gun, looked at the can and it was cracked through the engraving. Only about 150 rds through it ( I bought the cans for future projects so it had sat in my safe for a while). Fuck came to mind first. So figuring that If I had to get one repaired I better look at them all.

I inspected the other one that was still in its box/tube. It had just been sitting, never mounted, never anything. Hadn't even looked at for 3 years. And damn if it didn't have a huge crack. It literally cracked just sitting in my safe.

Crux/templar took care of me. Took about 2 weeks, and was painless.

You will be fine. The cracking issue is from years ago. My replacements have been flawless for quite awhile.

I hope you’re right. I think we all want Crux to succeed but all these past issues and current obstacles isn’t looking so attractive

Not completely off topic.

I also was part of the group buy and luckily no cracks here. However I'm unable to remove the tube, any ideas?

SOqCW4.jpg

I can beat that. I too was in on the original group buy. I got 3, before mine were approved the cracking issue had raised its ugly head, here on the forum. Once my forms were approved and I took possession I inspected all very thoroughly. No cracks at that time.
I figured I was late enough in the group buy that I was good.

Fast forward about 3 years and I was cleaning a gun, looked at the can and it was cracked through the engraving. Only about 150 rds through it ( I bought the cans for future projects so it had sat in my safe for a while). Fuck came to mind first. So figuring that If I had to get one repaired I better look at them all.

I inspected the other one that was still in its box/tube. It had just been sitting, never mounted, never anything. Hadn't even looked at for 3 years. And damn if it didn't have a huge crack. It literally cracked just sitting in my safe.

Crux/templar took care of me. Took about 2 weeks, and was painless.

How'd they turn replacements around that fast for a cracked tube?

How'd they turn replacements around that fast for a cracked tube?

Who knows. That definitely was not my experience with them. I tried defending them for quite a while because I genuinely felt like the cans I had from them were acceptable. However, their design kind of sucks and leaks gas at both end so badly it destroys covers and chews them up.

I have sent all three of mine in multiple times for repair. The last one I was told not to send any more cans in by the guy on the phone. They shipped me a whole box of someone else's cans after having my 338 Archangel for seven months. Then they "didn't know where my silencer was" after I shipped that entire box of some poor fella's cans back to them. The worst part is, they had NO IDEA they had done what probably amounts to an illegal transfer and acted like I was stupid for being unsettled at how bad their control was.

Then they shipped my can back to me months later after me calling them weekly, unrepaired, still leaking gas around the back side like a sieve, the finish was all fucked up and I was told to just shoot it until it seals up (lol).

I rarely use them ever and just stick to my other cans now. What a complete waste of fucking time, money and effort. Hopefully the new owners F1 will honor warranties and I can get mine fixed.

• Wow
Reactions: SixteenShells
Hi,

@TheMammoth
Can you please give more details in regards to the new owners being F1?
Deon (owner of F1) seems to be not listed on last State filings.
Did the Nobles bring Deon on after getting rid of Curtis?

Sidenote:
F1 has fantastic shop with the newest technology machines and tooling, so if they took over Crux....products will get handled and done properly!!

Sincerely,
Theis

TitleName and Address
DIRECTORCADE NOBLES
DIRECTORCHRIS MAY
DIRECTORCURTIS PROSKE
DIRECTORTYLER NOBLES

Hi,

@TheMammoth
Can you please give more details in regards to the new owners being F1?
Deon (owner of F1) seems to be not listed on last State filings.
Did the Nobles bring Deon on after getting rid of Curtis?

Sidenote:
F1 has fantastic shop with the newest technology machines and tooling, so if they took over Crux....products will get handled and done properly!!

Sincerely,
Theis

It's been mentioned many times in the Crux FB group. Also, F1 posted a photo of them manufacturing a bunch of identical Crux silencers on Aug 23rd. In that post they mention partnership. So if they aren't owners they are at the very least handling things and have taken over manufacturing.

Reactions: THEIS
Hi,

That makes sense because a couple years ago Crux exhibited at F1 Shot Show booth.

It would appear that Deon is at the very least handling the mfg side for whomever all the owners of Crux may be.....THAT is good news for the owners of Crux products IMO!!!

Thanks for the update, as I do not do FB.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hope you're right. I'd love to be able to use these titanium paperweights without destroying covers one day.

I got mine back from Crux after a repair and it still leaks out the back. Wonder if F1 could fix it one day, or maybe just have ECCO machine recore it.

I got mine back from Crux after a repair and it still leaks out the back. Wonder if F1 could fix it one day, or maybe just have ECCO machine recore it.

I have been thinking about having this done now and again... have you seen anyone get a Crux recored by him?

Who knows. That definitely was not my experience with them. I tried defending them for quite a while because I genuinely felt like the cans I had from them were acceptable. However, their design kind of sucks and leaks gas at both end so badly it destroys covers and chews them up.

I have sent all three of mine in multiple times for repair. The last one I was told not to send any more cans in by the guy on the phone. They shipped me a whole box of someone else's cans after having my 338 Archangel for seven months. Then they "didn't know where my silencer was" after I shipped that entire box of some poor fella's cans back to them. The worst part is, they had NO IDEA they had done what probably amounts to an illegal transfer and acted like I was stupid for being unsettled at how bad their control was.

Then they shipped my can back to me months later after me calling them weekly, unrepaired, still leaking gas around the back side like a sieve, the finish was all fucked up and I was told to just shoot it until it seals up (lol).

I rarely use them ever and just stick to my other cans now. What a complete waste of fucking time, money and effort. Hopefully the new owners F1 will honor warranties and I can get mine fixed.

I was referring more to the paperwork. The serial number is on the tube, right? If the S/N marked part is destroyed, they can't just make another one with the same SN and return it to you - they have to make a new tube with a new SN and transfer it to you on a Form 4.

I was referring more to the paperwork. The serial number is on the tube, right? If the S/N marked part is destroyed, they can't just make another one with the same SN and return it to you - they have to make a new tube with a new SN and transfer it to you on a Form 4.

Given the shit I have dealt with, and the things I have seen others post in the FB group, it would not surprise me in the least if they were just engraving a clone, destroying the original and sending it out. It's not the first i have heard of a mysteriously short turnaround time for a cracked tube that came back perfect.

More recently they have started offering "discounts" to people on a new can when a cracked unit is sent in, not even offering to replace it free of charge for almost unused cans showing the crack after sitting for years lol.

They're shady as fuck, man.

I have been thinking about having this done now and again... have you seen anyone get a Crux recored by him?

I don't know that he's done a Crux, but I can't imagine it would be any harder than any other suppressor he's recored. I'd be curious to know how his baffles would meter against Crux's monocore. I also wonder if he's set up to weld titanium to keep the weight down on a recore. And would you use a stellite or 17-4 blast baffle and then a titanium baffle stack behind that? Can that even be done, can 17-4 and titanium be welded together?

More recently they have started offering "discounts" to people on a new can when a cracked unit is sent in, not even offering to replace it free of charge for almost unused cans showing the crack after sitting for years lol.

Hi,

Well that definitely sucks!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well that definitely sucks!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Yeah. Horror stories have been on the sharp rise for a while. Hopefully their involvement with another company with a good rep and good quality will save them.

Given the shit I have dealt with, and the things I have seen others post in the FB group, it would not surprise me in the least if they were just engraving a clone, destroying the original and sending it out. It's not the first i have heard of a mysteriously short turnaround time for a cracked tube that came back perfect.

I just purchased a few suppressors, was really looking at the Crux when I came across this thread. Thank goodness I saw this and went a different direction. Poor products and service? Ouch