• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warning re the Nikon 50ED Spotter

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
While looking for stay-on case for my Nikon 50ED I found the following thread about these scopes splitting in two!
ED 50 Disaster

ED50-1.jpg

ED50-2.jpg

Americans can take some comfort in that Nikon USA warrenty seems to cover this, while Nikon UK's doesn't!
mad.gif

Had I seen these pictures and the way Nikon UK had treated thier British customers, I would never have bought this scope.

So this is a warning to all 50ED owners to be extra careful as the scope's robustness seems questionable at best.

Re: Warning re the Nikon 50ED Spotter

Wow we've sold a pile of these the last few years and I've never seen anything like that before. As you said Nikon warranty would cover and obvious defect like that.

Re: Warning re the Nikon 50ED Spotter

Read the thread I linked to..It wasn't just a one of instance..Possibly a bad batch of scopes?

What ever the reason, Nikon UK has compounded the problem with their crap customer service. Luckily for you guys, Nikon USA is supposed to offer a more water tight warrenty...