• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warning ! Scammers via Private Message

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    To All using the Post Exchange!

There is a scammer out there using the Private Message System. I need his User Name and members beware.

if someone contacts you about an item for sale or looking to sell you something you inquired about, be wary.

There is someone ( I don't have his username) who is contacting members setting up sales and ripping people off.

If the user has NO POST, do me a favor and don't buy.

If the deal is too good, or the time is perfect, don't buy.

Make sure you note the username too, I cannot access the system like before, this one is a bit more limited as far as I have learned. I am not a Xenforo wiz in just few short weeks. They like to bury and hide certain things, so not everything is easy as it sounds.

Use the report button, if someone doesn't seem right let us know, we can at least monitor it.

If you are sending money, I highly recommend something that can be stopped or tracked.

The site is back in full swing, that brings attention and because of the robust sales on here, people will take notice and look to rip you off. Be careful, ask questions, don't get ripped off because the sale is more important than using some common sense.

Details matter,

I have no idea how any of this works, but can you use previously banned IP addresses? I caught one(or two) scammers the other day and a mod took care of their accounts.

We don't even have a username how are we gonna use the IP address , we can do all sorts of things if we know who we are talking about, but unfortunately things were done with no user data

PM'd you some info. Might be some you're already aware of, or might not be anything you can do with it, but worth a try.

Don't know if the same people and those accounts were removed, which could be the reason they can't access the private messages.

We ban, block and delete it, what we are looking for is new accounts or one we don't know about