• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warning Shots. Stupid Idea in defensive shooting situations

TexasGunTrustLawyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2011
Houston
www.texasguntrust.com
This week, a father shot his son after an argument. The father claimed and he was trying to fire a warning shot and hit his son in the shoulder.

Unfortunately the father Missed his son's shoulder and shot his son in the chest and killed him.

Under Texas law, there is no such thing as a warning shot. Justifcation for the use of deadly force IS EITHER PRESENT or that justification is absent.

One should never fire a warning shot. There is no justification under the Texas penal code for a warning shot.

Further, you are responsible for every bullet that you send down range. When you fire a warning shot, you have no idea where that bullet is going or where that bullet will end up or, who that bullet may end up inside.

I can't think of any defensive deadly force scenario that ends with a warning short being the correct answer.

That father is now in the Liberty County Jail on charges up murder for the death of his son whom he states that he did not intend to kill. The real problem is that he would be in jail if he had not killed his son.

Warning shots . . . . Stupid and potentially fatal.

Sean Cody
Attorney

Thank you Hollywood and Joe Biden for America's education on warning shots.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well this is fucking retarded! So you're saying that we're NOT allowed to discipline our kids by shooting them? How else are they supposed to learn?

Last edited:
T521MEU.png

Some people need several warnings.

I believe in warning shots....the first shot to the middle of the chest warns the recipient that another shot is on its way.

Warning shots are deliberately not aimed at the warned, and (I'm guessing) not at anything else.

This fails the first test of logic in that shots always hit something, and if they're not aimed, they are at least as lethally dangerous as a gangbanger drive-by.

I am not a fan of random shootings.

Greg

First you need to nip that gene pool so they don't reproduce anymore! Why the hell would you point and shoot a firearm at a family member in the first place. That's just bad parenting! Oh man, to hell in a handbasket we go!

Sent from my SCH-I605

Damit Billy. Did you forget to feed the cows again???? Click Click Pow.

Warning shots are deliberately not aimed at the warned, and (I'm guessing) not at anything else.

This fails the first test of logic in that shots always hit something, and if they're not aimed, they are at least as lethally dangerous as a gangbanger drive-by.

I am not a fan of random shootings.

Greg

therein lies yet another problem . . . where is that bullet going?

I believe that one of the great tactics instructors or gun fighters once said that YOU NEVER ANNOUNCE that you have a gun and the first time the threat knows you are armed is when you present it and are about to use it to NEUTRALIZE the threat. To for warn your attacker that you are armed or fire a "warning shot" only provides an opportunity for him to make the first move and that always puts you on the defense, a place you don't want to be

I would warn someone that I was about to shoot em in the head by shooting them in the chest first. Damn, I'm polite.