• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warranty on new Zeiss rangefinder?

utahcybercowboy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2008
Utah, Sandy
What is the warranty on the new Zeiss PRF rangefinder? I have seen it listed at 1, 5 and lifetime. Also for the warranty to be valid must it be purchased from a blessed Zeiss dealer?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Warranty on new Zeiss rangefinder?

Steve,
The warranty on the Zeiss Victory 8x26 PRF is 2 years.
Technically, yes, it is supposed to be purchased from an authorized Zeiss dealer for the warranty to be valid. It's always a good idea to buy from an authorized dealer so you have someone that will assist you with any problem if one should occur.

If you go to Zeiss's Site and click on the customer service link on the left side of the page you can register Zeiss Warranties online.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gr8fuldoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve,
The warranty on the Zeiss Victory 8x26 PRF is 2 years </div></div>

At this link it says lifetime transferable warranty. I would guess that is a typo?

Still trying to decide between this rf and the Leica 1200.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,
I have contacted our web builder to correct that typo.

The Zeiss is optically superior to the Leica and will grab a reading as quickly, making it a better unit overall.

How is the beam divergence of the zeiss? The Leica is very good in that reguard and also gets quick readings.
A buddy has the Leica and I am trying to make the same choice.

Doug- Before I bought mine, I called Zeiss about the warranty. A lady at Zeiss customer service said that they carry a 5year on the electronics and lifetime on the optics. I found out after the purchase that it is indeed a 2-year. Of course I didn't get her name.

rockz- I was in the same boat back in Nov. I went with the Zeiss. It is a bit larger, but other than that I would consider it a better choice over the Leica.

If you run into any problems with the unit just let me know and we'll make sure it is taken care of. As a SH member you're also a member of the Camera Land family and we'll always be there for you.