• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Warranty repair on S&B w/ Gen2 reticles

Turk

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2004
Hightaxes,Virginia.
What is the coverage if the scope was converted here? Are there readily available parts for the S&B? Who would you send the scope in for repair?

Re: Warranty repair on S&B w/ Gen2 reticles

There is no authorized work of any kind done on S&B scopes in the USA. If the reticle was changed in the USA.... well good luck with any S&B warranty. All S&B repairs go to Germany.

See:
http://www.schmidtbender.com/

I think primier reticle assembles some S/B scopes here in the US... you might try them?

There is no "luck" involved with S&B or their warranty work. In more than 5 hard years and 12 S&B scopes I have only had 1 that ever needed repair. It shipped to NH, went to Germany and was back repaired in 5 weeks, which isn't anything when you consider how little they do break.

if they they don't have any GEN 2 reticles, (which I would suspect they do) they DO have Klein reticles which are almost exactly the same. A standard mil dot with a half mil hash mark, and in fact they have a bit of a finer main line crosshair than the GEN 2 giving the reticle a bit more definition.

Stop being drama queens, its a non-issue.

LL, If one was to purchase a S&B w/ a Gen2 second hand; which they seem to bring a "premium"; can one get that scope repaired? Or have they just purchased a premium scope that has no support? Grant it; S&B's rarely fail!

I don't suspect they would; but as long as they don't pull the
"your scope was converted by another company and we won't touch it" BS! Not so much for "warranty" issue; as much as just plain old just getting work done on it. Just don't see paying the "premiums" if you can't get it worked on? As you said the Klein reticle may be a more sound investment!

If its such a worry pick up the phone and call Marsha at S&B in NH and stop speculating, but to date I have never had an issue to question their warranty and they have never asked where a scope came from to my knowledge...

I'm sure someone has had a used scope on here from them with an issue and sent it in for repair. If S&B treated them wrong it would have been public knowledge.

What you're doing is wondering if S&B is going to punish a customer for their differences with Premier... so just think about that thinking.

LL,I guess you are right; "stinkin thinkin"! In your opinion is the "premium" worth it? Is the Kline available as an option on a new factory order? Any links to the Kline? Thanks.

I've got a PMII which I accidently dropped and put a dent in the eyepiece bell. Sent it back for a reticle change and they also replaced the bell. Got it back in about 6 weeks.

From Premier's website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Schmidt & Bender Scopes:

Due to our changing business relationship with Schmidt & Bender effective July 1, 2008 Premier Reticles is no longer able to perform reticle and turret conversions as well as warranty repairs on Schmidt & Bender optics due to the lack of factory support. <span style="font-weight: bold">All inquiries about service and warranty repairs should be referred to Schmidt & Bender Inc.
</span>
</div></div>

I know, I will be burned at the "mil-dot stake" for this but for real world applications (Killing living things), I find the S&B #8 reticle much less busy and faster than mil dots. No knob twiddling
and enough dots to give holdover and holdoff. Not the perfect target scope reticle but quick and easy in the field.
No-8varmint.gif