• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Warrior POV

LongRangeDDS

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
Southern CA
Anyone seen "Warrior POV" on the Military channel? Some interesting stories by supposedly real people intermixed with dramatizations and stock footage, but o.m.g.! EVERY actor in their re-creations has their fricking FINGER ON THE TRIGGER the entire time! I just can't watch it because of this. What a dissapointment! LOL

I object to their describing it as a 'first person shooter' experience. As if the guys out on the sharp end of the spear are no different from some zit-monkey on a sofa with a game controller and bag of M&M's fantasizing about how he passed 1-SFOD selection and is now a 'first person shooter.'

Like plenty of the documentaries, etc. on the military channel. And maybe I'll find this one interesting... but I won't set out to watch it intentionally. This whole genre of 'documentaries' where they '360' things and essentially use game CGI to replicate battles does nothing for me. Then again, I was raised on Victory At Sea and the 10,000 Day War. So there you go.

I'm probably just being a Richard-Cranium-type for my opinion on this one.

Cheers,

Sirhr