• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Was busy grillin the other week.

northern50

Null User
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2006
WI
My Uncle and I Grilled a mix of pork and beef for my cousins graduation party. Turned out great. Beef: 8 English Roasts and one full brisket. Pork: A mess of rump roasts, pork loin and a chunk of pork belly.

This is how you fill a grill
smile.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Was busy grillin the other week.

WOW! Looks like they turned out rather well. I like a slightly crispy outer with a juicy interior.
smile.gif

how long were they on there for? Those pictures look great. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guy's. I've been taking lessons from my Uncle who is from Argentina since I could stand behind the grill and he never ceases to amaze me. The pork was on for about six hours and the beef was on for about five. The beef (English roasts) were seasoned in salt, a few different kinds, some seas salts from around the world, and one of my favorites the salt that comes from the Argentina salt flats. Each salt brings it's own flavor to the meat. As for the pork (Pork Butt) that got a rub of pepper, salt, garlic, orange lemon and lime zest, and the juices from the fruit, fresh ginger root, olive oil, and a lot of dried oregano. When the pork was done it was cut up and mixed with sliced apples, and pears to keep the moisture while it was kept warm in the Nesco roasters. The beef was sliced, and put into the Nesco roasters by it's self as it has enough moisture from the fat marbled in the meat.

The beef brisket, and pork belly was rubbed with 7 different ground peppers, I forget which ones specifically, but when done they came out with great taste, the pepper brought out the flavor of the meat but did not over power with spice.

Enjoy the grilling summer brings everybody!!

Gotta love a <span style="font-style: italic">parrillada argentina.</span> Mmmmmm, but no <span style="font-style: italic">chorizo</span> or <span style="font-style: italic">morcilla</span>? The pork almost sounds like Caribbean <span style="font-style: italic">pernil</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northern50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guy's. I've been taking lessons from my Uncle who is from Argentina since I could stand behind the grill and he never ceases to amaze me. The pork was on for about six hours and the beef was on for about five. The beef (English roasts) were seasoned in salt, a few different kinds, some seas salts from around the world, and one of my favorites the salt that comes from the Argentina salt flats. Each salt brings it's own flavor to the meat. As for the pork (Pork Butt) that got a rub of pepper, salt, garlic, orange lemon and lime zest, and the juices from the fruit, fresh ginger root, olive oil, and a lot of dried oregano. When the pork was done it was cut up and mixed with sliced apples, and pears to keep the moisture while it was kept warm in the Nesco roasters. The beef was sliced, and put into the Nesco roasters by it's self as it has enough moisture from the fat marbled in the meat.

The beef brisket, and pork belly was rubbed with 7 different ground peppers, I forget which ones specifically, but when done they came out with great taste, the pepper brought out the flavor of the meat but did not over power with spice.

Enjoy the grilling summer brings everybody!! </div></div>

What kind of temperatures were you running for the beef and pork and how did you manage it (keep adding coals)?