• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Was Premier the 1st to...

Re: Was Premier the 1st to...

The S&B scopes had a very similar "Klein" version of the mil dot with h 0.5 hash marks before Premier had the Gen II mildot.
Premier's patent probably only covers an exact duplicate of the Gen II, including line thickness, etc., any other variation is free to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The S&B scopes had a very similar "Klein" version of the mil dot with h 0.5 hash marks before Premier had the Gen II mildot.
Premier's patent probably only covers an exact duplicate of the Gen II, including line thickness, etc., any other variation is free to go. </div></div>

I would have to agree with you. It may even be a design patent for the "look" of that particular reticle. Otherwise, with a utility patent it would be difficult to make any reticle using similar techniques i.e. wire, etched, glass, etc...

I seem to remember using a Swarovski scope in the early 90s that had a reticle pattern somewhat like that, with intermediate hashmarks between the mil-dots.