• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington State bans spring bear hunting

Not playing PITA here or defending wolves but wolves evolved from time immemorial hunting buffalo, deer and elk, taking the youngest, oldest, weakest and those cut off from the herds. They are opportunists. Never have they encountered defenseless slow animals such as sheep and cattle with no instinct to stampede. Standing in one place to be surrounded meant death on the Great Plains.

A herd of sheep to wolves is like an 'all you can grab free' day at Costco to starving people and the instinct to take down easy prey has no governor.
The problem with what your saying is…..They will kill the sheep and not eat a bite…….

When they start eating the people the only people that get to hunt them are the wildlife cops.
It happens all the time around Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains. Camper, hiker, tourist feeding them or some other schmuck gets bit and then wildlife cops go after it and shoot it. I have yet to hear them say that the DNA didn't match.

Reactions: BurtG
The problem with what your saying is…..They will kill the sheep and not eat a bite…….
I'm not refuting that. A herd of sheep is going to kick in their prey drive and it becomes a killing frenzy. All predators, including man, possess that.

20735994-F39B-4AE0-9512-071B7B1D9E82.jpeg

Canada says bears are now hunting people!!!

Can’t speak to the article, but like any other predator that is left without competition. Populations get too great in a region to support the population. Feeding habits can change.

Probably though, this wildlife agent pissed off a bear in his/her territory and got stalked.

There is no problem with what I'm saying if you understand what I wrote. I said domestic animals that don't run like they would in the wild are an 'all you can grab' buffet, not all you can eat.

Wolves weren't born with a 'Conservation gene' that tells them to only take down what they can eat. If there is a crippled, defenseless or easy prey as in the case of domestic sheep who's only defense is get in a tighter group in front of them, they're going after it.