• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition WASHINGTON STATE LONG RANGE F - CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP - Rattlesnake Mt Shooting Facility

I shot 2 DAYS at the Palma state match. Its a very well run match. But the wind WILL KICK YOUR ASS. Also are Texans allowed back

Turn out was good... 18 shooters, basically evenly split between F/O and F/TR (plus one 'non-conforming' F-O shooter - running a shiny Barrett .338 w/ USO scope and a pretty effective brake for his first stint @ long range - they let him shoot along, down at one end away from others with the muzzle blast and all). I didn't make it down for the 300/600 match and 1000yd squadded practice on Friday - I was busy mounting a new scope on my gun.

Wind both days was not exactly the normal 'brute force' affair I'm normally used to @ Rattlesnake... it was more light and switchy, and coming from directions that when combined with the big ravine between the 600 and 800yd lines, caused a lot of points lost to vertical. George Crawford did very well - he had his wind-whisperer hat on most of the weekend and stayed one step ahead. Steve Zock had his 7mm Short Monster running on all cylinders, and ran away from the pack in F/O. I was particularly impressed with Clint Sharp's performance - he had basically a full-on tactical .260 w/ NF 5-25x ATACR, McRee stock, Atlas bipod... and he hung right in there with the big boys running full-meal-deal 'belly benchrest' rigs. So the rest of you... no excuses! Come on out and shoot! ;)

Links to the results:

Saturday results

Sunday + Agg results

Plus, they had a pretty dang good BBQ afterwards on Saturday - big thick steaks, baked potato & salad down at the shotgun clubhouse. Yum!

Last edited: