• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington Vantage match Feb 8-9

creids98292

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Stanwood, wa
All right guys after looking at the calender and the JC steel match dates, I will have a Vantage 2 day match Feb 8-9. Please pass this along to anyone that wants practice before the JC match. I'm gonna make it easy for registration, just shoot me an email: [email protected] include how many people and your shirt size please.
I will keep this open till around the 6th of Jan and have confirmations out around the 10th. The price will be $100 for the 2 day shoot.
Thanks,
Chris

Just an update on the Feb 8-9 Vantage match, the longest stage will be around 1100 yds and I still have plenty of openings! I will keep taking guys till we hit 30 shooters. This time I'm gonna set the COF up differently so we shouldn't have any waiting between stations... Famous last words! :)
There will be a prize table again and I'm working on getting sponsors. The prizes will be distributed the same as the last match, 1st-5th and then random draw. I like doing it that way as then everyone has a chance to get something. I'm only gonna have weak hand on the tire, but it will be unsupported by anything other than the tire and your 2 feet! I'm gonna do a rapid movement stage but I think you will be shooting from barricades then moving to an advantageous shooting position to hit the next target. The cal limit will again be 300 wm.
questions/concerns just let me know!
Chris

Brrrrrrrrr 16 degrees, snow 1-3 inches, wind 5-10.

"No such thing as bad weather boy, just poor choice of clothing"

My Pa

Everyone heading over to vantage for this weekends shoot,

I can bring some AR500 targets over if you would like to save on freight. Please just let me know sometime tonight, Send me a text or shoot me a PM and we will get it handled. Thanks Guys!!

The weather forecast is improving...well, kind of:

ok, high of 25 and 50% chance of snow. North wind 7 to 11 :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you folks there! Travel Safe!

I have to work this weekend, hope you catch your match next year

Just a reminder, I have a unopened 5lb of RL19 I want to part with and can bring it to the match tomorrow if someone wants it. $100 also looking for a few DPMS brand 10rd 308mags. Also looking for a XS lr308 50rd drum if you have one to part with.

Last edited:
Damnit guys, looks like I won't be able to make this match. Weather is horrible for the drive up from Portland, and pregnant wife at home is sick. Have fun and hopefully there will be another soon that I can make it to.

Chris & RO's, Thanks for putting on and helping with the shoot. The weather cooperated, and hopefully no one got frostbite first thing this morning. Nice shooting Jake and Bill (?) and Jason and other top finishers! Thanks to those who donated to the price table! I've got lots of things to work on before March 1 & 2 ! It was nice seeing everyone and meeting some new people. Got the Toyota monster truck unloaded, and the dog and I have decided it's time for a nap. We'll see some of you in a couple weeks at the JC Steel Challenge @ the Jubilee Ranch. ;)

Last edited:
It was a real bummer that I could not make it with the weather here in portland. If I would have been able to get out of town I probably wouldn't have been able to get back home. Guess I need to move to the eastside. Catch you on the next one.