• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Washington winter steel shoot

creids98292

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Stanwood, wa
Hey everyone!
Here is the official post for the steel shoot I will be holding Dec 7 & 8 in Vantage, Wa. This will be a 2 day shoot and 160 rds at steel and in field conditions. Hopefully we will have good weather! The cost will be confirmed after you get your registration in via email. You will get a shirt, so please include your shirt size on the form. Food will be on you as well as drink. The only major rule is, you can bring whatever you want as long as you pack it. There will be stations that have rules to be followed and limited equip allowed. There will be 32 spots open and I will cut off reg when we hit that #. The ranges will be 1000yds and under with one being 1400yds. JC Steel is helping with targets so we should have plenty of steel to smack. We will fire the same stages both days, Saturday being weak hand and Sun being strong hand.
I would like everyone to be ready to shoot by 0900 on sat and we will adjust the start time on sun to what everyone wants. The Vantage motel is cheap and very close.
Please pass this info on to all who wanna shoot. I will provide directions after everyone registers. Closing is Nov 25.
If there are any questions please call me at Benchmark or on my cell 3609138607, text is fine also. This will be a cash payout just like my last match. 300 win mag and below.
I do need R/O's, so if you can't shoot and want a free slot in the next shoot, just let me know! Below is the reg form. If I missed anything, just let me know and I will clear it up.
Vantage winter shoot
Thanks,
Chris

Hey Everyone,
I will send out a confirmation once I close this post, right now there are 22 shooters confirmed!
Chris

1 lbs Unique, 5 Lbs Reloader 10x that I can bring to this match. PM me if interested.

Vantage has a hotel, so does quincy. I'm getting the announcement out tomorrow. We have a full roster and should have a great time! Quincy is roughly 25 mins away. I'm gonna stay at the site, way too much steel to leave out unattended.

Vantage is roughly 4 hrs from Seattle. I will follow with the emailed letter tomorrow, and post the hotel # as well as a discount when booking.

Vantage is only 3 hours from Seattle.

Just so you all know, I already reserved the penthouse suite at the vantage motel. So none of you all try to snag that out from under me!

Damn, you mean you got the room with heat and running water?

Vantage is only 3 hours from Seattle.

Just so you all know, I already reserved the penthouse suite at the vantage motel. So none of you all try to snag that out from under me!

Seattle to Vantage is about 2 hours depending on the passes, look forward to seeing you all there next weekend, might be four hours for you Chris.

Ya watching is no problem. 4 hrs home, usually hungover for Stuurmans matches and wondering why I have a pic of a Christmas tree in a toilet!

Good Luck this weekend shooters, however I'd like to rename Chris's Winter Steel Shoot to.... a drumroll please,

The FURASS shoot, short for Freeze UR Ass;)

In case you haven't seen the weather forecast...here you go! Get the warm clothes out.

NOAA National Weather Service

Cold is just a state of mind.....Right????

I will be loading my truck up with stuff and heading over to the match in vantage on Friday.

If anyone needs some steel targets I can throw them in my truck and hand deliver them to save you a little shipping. Just send me a PM or a text and let me know what you would like. Thanks guys!!

On a similar note, I have several 1 pound bottles of Hodgdon H100V powder I can bring to the match for sale at $20 each. Let me know if you're interested before noon Friday.

I'm bringing a few things (including powder). I think those that are interested should have a little side-show style flea market.

Did Everybody FRZURASS>OFF @ the Gorge this weekend? I tried calling a coyote and was only out for an hour in single digits, and was glad to get back to the woodstove.

My dad and I both had a great time. Thanks to Chris for putting on the match and all the ROs for making it happen!

Had a great time. I just want to say thanks to Chris and all the RO's for making this happen.

Thanks to Chris and all that help him pull this match off. Tough weather to say the least but a great bunch of people. Good tough shooters in my book. It was good seeing people I hadn't seen in a while and it was good to meet people I haven't met before. Marty's prize table was the best! It was a great match. Thanks. Dan

Last edited:
I had to attend some training on Sat and was unable to shoot, but I was able to make it out there on Sun to help as an RO. Definitely cold, but that just ups the challenge a bit. It was good to meet everyone and see some guys I had met before on the range. This was my first exposure to a PR comp and I am pretty new to the whole PR deal, but am looking forward to shooting with you all in the future.

Last edited:
Good times and great match. Thanks to all who helped out put it on, I had a great time and it was cool to shoot with ya all.

Any results or pictures to post up ?
Wish I could of made it but my moms B-Day took the top honors for Sunday.
Though about you guys while we we're out at UNSC on Sat. in 15 degree weather thinking we had it good ;)

It was a little cold, so I didn't take many pics, I just got a few of the area and one or two of my dad shooting.

Looking down into the shooting area from the road:

IMG_20131207_155000.jpg

My dad shooting the mover stage, it was down at the base of the canyon wall:

IMG_20131208_101236.jpg

Here are the scores for the match:
JD #1 - 124 points
Scott M. #2 - 97 points
Shane. #3 - 94 points
Jake V. #4 - 84 points
Kevin O. #5 - 81 points
Craig C. #6 - 79 points
Joshua P. #7 - 77 points
Marti H. #8 - 66 points
Taylor E. #9 - 66 points
Kevin R. #10 - 66 points
Bill B. #11 - 58 points
Reece C. #12 57 points
Nate G. #13 50 points
Tibor S. #14 49 points
Joe C. #15 48 points
Jason A. #16 48 points
David J. #17 44 points
Barry G. #18 42 points
Shawn. #19 42 points
Garret C. #20 37 points
Dan H. #21 35 points
Steve E. #22 34 points
Mike B. #23 25 points
Weston. #24 19 points
Joe B. #25 15 points
Thanks to everyone that came out to play in the cold, it was an awesome match! A big thanks goes out to our sponsors and the RO's. Sponsors are: Benchmark Barrels, Spartan Arms, Tactical supply, C4 studios, In motion movers and JC steel! I'm looking forward to hosting the next match already!
Chris

Congrats to JD, and all of you who braved the elements and competed.

Any ideas of when the next match will be? I plan to visit my father up in those parts in Spring and would like to get an idea on the next time frame. Thank you and great job to those who competed!!!