• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wasilla High School Gun Show

Anvil_X

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
AK
Just got back from the show, five bucks a head, the whole cafeteria and gymnasium are packed with sellers, and there must have been over a thousand people in there with people walking in and out constantly. Anything Black Rifle was flying off the shelves, saw several M1A variants, all of them with price tags in the neighborhood of 2700-3K. Most ridiculous price observed was a baseline SCAR, original price 4500, crossed out and marked down to 3500. about 10-15 Garands observed, around the same for M1903s. there was even a guy asking-I kid you not- 275 bucks for a Low number Rock Island stripped action, no bolt, no extractor, just the action (when I say low number, I mean there were only four digits). Lots of Mausers, rugers, shotguns of all types(except for Rem 870s and Mossberg 500s, those went out the door before I got there), some BEAUTIFUL Savage 99s and some wierd egyptian semi-autos that I've never seen before.

Overall, there's a few deals to be had with regards to bolt action rifles, but anything ammo, anything Black rifle, and anything semi-auto, the prices are way way jacked up. Even surplus ammo cans were fetching about 1.25 a round for the cheapest ones I checked.

If you're in the area and lookin for a bolt gun, or some surplus M2 Ball with En Blocs (running 185 bucks/can of 160), its worth a look. Plus its nice seeing the local high school's booster club making a little cash.