• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision WASP from TNVC?

mcmillanman5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2007
Blackfoot, ID
So I may be interested in the WASP that is coming out from TNVC. I am a little confused as to what it is exactly. Is it a clip-on or is it a dedicated night scope? I seem to remember it being an 8 power but also have heard it compared to a pvs-22.

Any info on this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WASP from TNVC?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcmillanman5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I may be interested in the WASP that is coming out from TNVC. I am a little confused as to what it is exactly. Is it a clip-on or is it a dedicated night scope? I seem to remember it being an 8 power but also have heard it compared to a pvs-22.

Any info on this unit would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

There is the WASP8K and the WASP-MINI. The WASP Mini was at the TNVC stand at the show. The WASP8K prototype was not, however the development work is still continuing on both and expect more information on the WASP8K next year ( that's just my guess, not something guaranteed ).

WASP8K is 8x fixed with a REAL nice image.
WASP-Mini is Clip On. ( The new one was not at the show )

There have been a LOT of changes to both platforms. I don't know what I can say and in truth I don't know all that much about where the project is at the moment, but a quick update from the developers who I caught up with at the show suggested they have taken everything they discovered into consideration for the next iteration of development.

And I expect both to be very impressive when released.

Regards
David

David,

Thanks for the reply and info! I did not realize that there were two versions so it makes a lot more sense now. I will look forward to hearing more about these units.

I have tested both of these units now. The WASP is a full-sized catadioptric lens scope with a reticule and its pretty big, but has incredible magnification ability and range as a result.

The Mini-Wasp is indeed a clip on, with cat lens and its very compact, and will be priced less than most other clip ons available.

I posted a review of the WASP about 6 months ago, on several forums and will be doing one on the Mini-wasp as well, as we continue to develop it.

Both are still in the prototype stage but they are great at what they do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hognuts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates on this from either a testing or manufacturing standpoint? </div></div>
Busy shooting the hell out of it and other gear. ;-)

Vic

So the mini WASP will be a day/night system at a lower price than the regular Gen 3 offerings?