• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors WASR-10 questions

SuckitTrebek

The rapist for $200
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
The Great State of Texas
3 part question for you gents.

1. what is the thread pitch on the end of my WASR-10?

2. What suppressor is suggested for that rifle? Suggested dealers in south texas that actually have something in stock?

3. who is it on the board that sells adapters to go from the suppressor to the rifle. since I'll be getting a 5/8-24 suppressor and I'm pretty sure that will not direct fit.

thanks for the help. I'm looking to do this right now.

Re: WASR-10 questions

1. Dunno
2. AKs don't suppress well. I know not only from others but I learn best when I actually see it and I did. Platform was put to other use.
3. I was pretty sure it was Troy but I just double checked and I didn't see anything. Tey calling them.

if your gonna spend the money on a nice suppressor PLEASE place it on a nice AK. yes WASR's work, go boom, and are your typical cheap AK, but they're on the BOTTOM of the quality list. i foresee issues with your barrel not having correct threading...BUT good luck and please post results, maybe you can make a believer outta me :)

I have a Romanian AK, it is a piece of junk, but fun to shoot. I threaded the muzzle with 9/16-18 threads, but decided that the barrel was probably not straight enough. So I removed the front sight, reamed it out to fit further back on the barrel then reinstalled it with a hammer. I figured I will not have to over-bore the can as much if I make it a two point mounted can instead of a single.

Keeping in the spirit of the piece of crap rifle that it is, I am making the silencer out of scrap 4130 tubing and bar stock I have left over from other projects. I might use K baffles behind the blast baffle instead of those shown. $20 plus tax is not too bad.

AKmuzzle2.jpg

AKsilencer.jpg

I know the gas port vent is going to put out lots of noise. There should be a way of reducing it other than welding shut the ports. Any suggestions?

Ranb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Keeping in the spirit of the piece of crap rifle that it is, I am making the silencer out of scrap 4130 tubing and bar stock I have left over from other projects. I might use K baffles behind the blast baffle instead of those shown. $20 plus tax is not too bad.
</div></div>

This doesnt sound legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

This doesnt sound legal. </div></div>

As long as he has done a Form 1 and paid the $200 it is legal. If not...

1. get it re threaded. factory threads suck

2. look into the AAC 762sd and have them EDM bore it out just a lil more .005" Then you simply get a flash hider or muzzle brake and you have a quick attach detach can. Depending on how you have to move the sight around and how far back you have to go on the barrel the new flash hider will keep you legal 16". (not much vel is lost going from 16" to say 14.5")

3. Tornado technologies should be able to do the threading and move the sight for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This doesnt sound legal. </div></div>

I do not know how it is with you guys in TX, but in WA, there is no law prohibiting the making or buying of silencers. We do not have to worry that the police might arrest us and then have to depend on the affirmative defense provision of TX law to keep our asses out of jail.

What did you think $20 plus tax meant? I just bet you behave the same way to people you catch driving on the public roads in their cars because they did not tell you first that they paid the tax and obtained state authorization to do so first. If you are not this rude to drivers, then why be this rude to people who make silencers?

If someone says they are making a silencer, it is best to assume that they are obtaining an FFL/SOT class 2 or using the ATF form 1 and paying the $200 tax. If you are not sure, then it is polite to ask before claiming it “doesn't sound legal”. You may have heard the saying; "If we do not hang together, then we will surely hang apart." When gun owners like you do not hang together with the rest of us, then we lose our rights. Please give that some thought before you post again.

You should also read the forum rules again. Suggesting that someone is doing something illegal just because you are ignorant of the law is breaking the rules in my opinion.

Ranb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

This doesnt sound legal. </div></div>

Well, it took a while, but I found out why shaggyback did not want to find out if making a silencer was legal or not before replying to me. He did not want to ask on the forum if I was paying the ATF tax; he did not want to PM me to find out either. This is why; <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the deal Shirley: I didnt PM you to see if you were on the up and up and had your paperwork squared away, because I dont give a fuck about you.</div></div> Yep, that's right, he doesn't give a f-ck about anyone who makes a silencer, legal or not apparently.

It seems that shaggy hates anyone who makes guns so much that he accuses them of doing things that sound illegal even though he has no evidence to support his accusations. I do not bring up the payment of the ATF tax on silencer forums for the same reason I do not show my driver's license to passengers in my car unless they ask. Getting a driver's license or paying the making tax is a very simple law to obey. When posting on a silencer forum (like this one) I never thought anyone was stupid enough to suggest that I was doing something illegal just because I said I was making a silencer. I was wrong; there is someone stupid enough to assume that.

Why he is allowed to spread his hate and filth on this forum is beyond me.

Anyway, I look forward to exchanging ideas on making silencers with anyone who is interested. Thank you.

Ranb