• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Watch this Video or Else !

Becoming ever more popular. 22LR is gonna go through the roof, when we can find it.

Thats not your uncle Olaf's .22.

Didnt hear a price but something tells me Ill be sticking with my Ruger 10/22.

Where and when will you be teaching on the east coast?

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Cool, fella with the goatee/beard was kinda a miss, but still pretty cool.

Wow did not know my 22 @ 100 was that similar to Long(ish) Range.

Reactions: E-Tool
When you go to the local range and people ask what you are shooting at. The look on their faces when you tell them the steel at 200 is incredulous. Then you tell them to watch the dust cloud. Then it's...... Can I try?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Let it sink in for a second that we are dealing with a cartridge that began it's life in 1856...
biggrin.gif

Truly legendary for a round which had humble beginnings due to the limitations of it's original propellant.

Steel IPSC at 200 is easy. Two of them have the hostage taker flap.
That's waaaaay more fun until a wind switch gets you. Argh!!!

300 is tough because my inexpensive Argos BTR doesn't have enough elevation, even with my 25 MOA base. Holding that far over sux.

Golf balls at 200, woo hoo!!

Good stuff! I totally agree that shooting precision .22 is as much fun shooting as I’ve had in a long time. Chipmunks in my AO did not agree.

Reactions: Bender
I am kinda surprised he didnt' take any of the Shooting Gallery Episode and put a shot or two of the shooting in there. it was all filmed together

Every shot I took with the .22 for the show was 200 or 300 yards, I don't think we shot anything inside that
I saw that one of the Lapua loads was what the chamber is supposed to be cut for. Have you tried other brands (SK, Wolf, etc...), if so, what were the results at the 200+ yardages?

I’m just a plinker but I decided to go 22 for all the reasons Frank points out.
No access to long range, cost and I figured it would be scaled down long range shooting.
I had limited budget and a 10/22 laying around. So I got parts rounded up and am awaiting a KRG Bravo.

Thanks Frank
BCD31B7E-D726-4572-B334-51445FA1A8F7.jpeg

I’ve held about 6 .22 long range matches in the past few years here. We shoot out to as much as 325 yards. A favorite stage that I use every time due to popularity is shaving cream cans at 200 yards. The hang from strings, alternating high and low positions so that the shooter can call his shot. 3-4 tries at the can per person depending on what I feel like when I write the stage. Each shooter has an equal chance at a virgin can do that an impact brings a nice reaction of spewing shaving cream.

The kids really like it and so do I. But then I’m really just a kid inside too, so there’s that.

There are a few shooters I know that I cannot convince to come shoot my matches because they feel that 300+ yards is too intimidating. The 10-16 year olds that shoot it don’t know to be intimidated and hit steel, loving it.

Cool! I just purchased a cz 17 hmr for training and for my daughter.

Reactions: 1J04
Mike builds a great barreled action.
Have a few thousand through.
Center X and SK have worked well.
We had a local match last sat with 37'shooters.
BTW it was the opener for rifle deer.
Enough attendance our local range built a 22 specific range to 300.

R

I was just at the range yesterday shooting my 10/22 sitting standing and off shooting sticks at some 2" spinners at 50y. I feel like its week point is that its not very accurate. Automatch is ok at 50y, but its spread out to a couple inches at 100y. Not that its pretty dang good ammo or anything though.

Nice video, some of the shooting action would have been cool. I have been drooling over the Voodoo for a while now. The wife decided she wanted to start hunting and went to got her hunter safety card last week, so I need another can for her to hunt with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo308 and 1J04
Excellent video & information - don't think my wife was planning on spending that much on me for Christmas but there better be a new Voodoo under the tree this year!

• Haha
Done earlier today.

I'd already been lusting after a Vudoo before that,
And still saving as they are expensive by the time they arrive in Aus but its going to happen soon enough

Thats not your uncle Olaf's .22.

Didnt hear a price but something tells me Ill be sticking with my Ruger 10/22.

Where and when will you be teaching on the east coast?
[/QUOT

looking at the Vudoo website, it becomes crystal clear... $2000 to well over $3000.... for those looking to compete in that caliber, go for it... if you have long range defense in mind, well..... you know the rest

I’ve been on the vudoo bus for a while. Customer service is second to none. They’re everything they say they are. My 8 year old can consistently hit a 6” circle at 275 yards with mine. I have video to prove that as well. The only thing I don’t like about mine is the fact that I now have a lot of badass centerfire rifles sitting there collecting dust. If I shoot it’s 22. The slightest breeze makes so much difference. The slightest cant of the rifle moves your impact. Rimfire shooting (and the hide) continues to teach me so much more about shooting.

Take your Marlin model 60 with a 3X9 and then start making dust at 200. It's even more fun than the high dollar rigs.
My first firearm, mom and dad bought it for me 1983. First lesson on how dirty 22 is when your speed shooting through bricks of ammo! Thanks for the flashback

Great video Frank I love my Vudoo rifle and I will be buying another one.You are so right about 22 rf being so much fun.

Good to see the .22 LR getting the attention it deserves, that little workhorse has provided lots of training for marksmen and put a lot of meat on the table over the years. I bought a .22 PCP air rifle to do the same concept in my back yard, haven’t had a chance to try it out past 50 yards due to life with little kids but it’s been a load of fun shoot at old spent cases from the deck as the sunlight fades.

Meh.

Well, Mike Bush seems cool, as does the host.

Other guy looks like he drives a yuppy SUV too fast in flyover country.
prolly shoots in heels too....