• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Water transfer coating question

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
What do you guys think about this water transfer as it pertains to coating a rifle? I ran across a booth at a recent hunt expo in town, and they had some very neat patterns. Their prices seemed really reasonable, so befor giving them a try i wanted to see if anyone has any experiance with it or if this is something to stay far away from. any info would be helpful. Thanks Eric

Re: Water transfer coating question

I have a manners stock I am thinking about sending off for dip treatment. The archery industry has been using this for some time. And recently Browing, Savage and Remington has used it for some of their models. I think it will stand up better than a painted stock. My bow has been through rough stuff and it still looks good.

Re: Water transfer coating question

I had an HS stock dipped in Natural Gear camo several years ago. It's held up pretty well. Sharp edges are an area that you might get some chipping and any ding strong enough to affect the stock is going to chip the finish too. Duh.
laugh.gif

lilbolt2.jpg

I've got a couple of spots where the coating came off and I just "repaired" with some tan krylon. I think it's worth the $70 that I paid.
CHRIS