• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waterproof running shoe? Salomon Alternative

jetracer013

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2014
Philadelphia PA
Can anyone reccommend an alternative to salomon? I used to love them but my last two pairs stopped being waterproof after only a month or two and they all fucking squeek.

More of a hiking/running shoe but the North Face Hedgehog Fastpack Goretex fits the bill. I plan on buying a pair soon. The reviews are great on them.

Reactions: jetracer013
I just go lightweight with a lot of quick drying mesh and wool socks. I tired of being disappointed by "waterproof" shoes. Just embrace the water and let them dry while you run/hike.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
The only time I wear boots or "waterproof" shoes is in the snow. I do feel that they help when the temps. are cooler and snow is on the ground.
For 3-season use, the more breatheable the better. Your feet will get wet no matter what on an extended trip. The key is to learn how to deal with wet feet while hiking. I choose shoes that are comfortable and fast drying. I've tried "waterproof" versions of different shoes and my feet get wet from the inside out because of sweat. When these shoes do get wet, they take FOREVER to dry. I get highly breathable trail runners and will never go back.

The only time I wear boots or "waterproof" shoes is in the snow. I do feel that they help when the temps. are cooler and snow is on the ground.
For 3-season use, the more breatheable the better. Your feet will get wet no matter what on an extended trip. The key is to learn how to deal with wet feet while hiking. I choose shoes that are comfortable and fast drying. I've tried "waterproof" versions of different shoes and my feet get wet from the inside out because of sweat. When these shoes do get wet, they take FOREVER to dry. I get highly breathable trail runners and will never go back.

I respectfully disagree. I’m out before the sun comes up a lot and I hate having wet feet all day, from the morning dew. It also rains almost everyday here and Its easier to stay dry than to try to dry out. I agree gtex doesn’t breathe as well but it beats swamp foot.

I should have said, I want running shoes because I have a back injury therefore I wear these shoes almost everyday. Not just for pt sessions.

I will spend up to $300 dollars on a good pair of boots. I typically will spend about 100 on most of my shoes. You know how wives shop, mine came home all proud with the camo pair of these with green soles. They are made with the real tree brand on them. I am pretty sure they are Rebok zags, rebranded. I have had them for 3 years. They are still to this day waterproof. I hunt groundhogs in them 4-5 times a week. They are so damn comfortable. Honestly, for 30 bucks try this damn shoe. You will be surprised. https://www.deguns.net/realtree-outfitters-men-s-hunt-bum-athletic-shoes/p

I use la sportiva goretex ones. They fit my feet well and hold up. On my 3rd or 4th pair.

Less use these days, just for running in the snow and occasional rain. Maybe 20-30 days a year?