• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up wausau area shooter?

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
i have looked online for shooting ranges and everything here is freaking trap. I am needing a place to teach my GF to shoot. just a 22 for now.

anyone around know of any places open this time of year?

Re: wausau area shooter?

When I lived in Wausau I would head south to Mosinee and make use of this range.

http://www.co.marathon.wi.us/Departments...otingRange.aspx

Only issue is it's closed in the winter. Other than that there isn't much around the Wausau area for designated rifle ranges. Buddy up with a farmer that will let you shoot in their field.

Now when I get back to Wausau I just head out to a friends place where we shoot. Can get 300 by his cabin and 1000 at the neighbors. No more range fees
smile.gif

Two locations about one hour give or take would be the Central WI. Sportsman club in Marshfield - 100 yard outdoor open year around plus a indoor pistol range.

Also the Lonely Few club in Riplinger has a 100 to 600 yard range.

I heard the range was supposed to be good at Mosinee but I never been there to tell.

oneshot

OneShot,

The range is real nice in Mosinee. Live fire all the time as you walk along dirt berms and spin up targets. Range fee isn't bad and they allow the .50bmg.

Original poster, I forgot the range just south of Antigo on 45? I think. That's a real nice range too, 300 yards there also.

i have been searching online for the range in marshfield and nothing is coming up. is the shooting community really that underground up here?

http://www.antigochamber.com/antigochamber/things+to+do++see/bow+and+gun+range.asp

Idk where your at in wausau but antigo is about the same distance as marshfield.

As for shooting around the area, I think enough of us do it where we don't need dedicated ranges. Any field with a backstop suits our needs. I shoot a prairie dog type match in Durand wi in spring, used to get to Eau Claire to shoot 600 a lot. I'd like to get to Lodi this year to shoot 1000 with the .260.