• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up wausau shooers?

Re: wausau shooers?

Wausau.... where God's Country starts... Wisconsin North of Hwy 29
smile.gif

Quite a few shooters up there... you won't be alone.

any good ranges up that way? looking for something within an hour and looking for about 500 yards.

A bunch of of us shoot long distance one hour west of Wausau.

West? That's the wrong direction! But I guess a 2 hour drive isn't all that bad .

Marathon County... Wausau area... has the Duane Corbin Public Range. Duane was an Army sniper in WW2 and was wounded on D-Day. Was a gunsmith, forester and all-around good guy. His years of work resulted in this range. He died in 2009 IIRC.

The rifle range used to only go out to 300yds, but I'm told you can go 600 now. I haven't ever been there...

http://www.co.marathon.wi.us/Departments...otingRange.aspx

We are lucky in our area to have a club 20 minutes north with a range from 50 - 600 yards. And then 15 minutes south with two clubs one thats out to 600 yards and another that was out to 880 but in the mix of rebuilding the range possibly out to 1000 yards

wow glad to see there are a few of you up there. well who wants to take me out to site in my dang 22 and 223 again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wausau
whistle.gif

Eau Claires where its at
grin.gif
</div></div>

sadly i have to go to wausau with my folks for now but will be moving south to hopefully attend black hawk tech soon

New to the site, movin up to the Wausau area as well next summer, glad I stumbled across the thread. Any recommendations you guys would make to a newbie to distance shooting, rifle wise and other?

The town of Shiocton has a public range out to 500 yds. Its very nice and not very busy at all. Cost is 3 dollars per shooter per day. You just stuff the money in an honor system box. To get to the rifle range you have to drive around the west side of the swimming pond.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New to the site, movin up to the Wausau area as well next summer, glad I stumbled across the thread. Any recommendations you guys would make to a newbie to distance shooting, rifle wise and other?</div></div> Decide early on if you want to shoot sling style or off a bipod. This will help you with things like rifle selection, scope placement, and amount of money spent.