• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Waxed canvas vs regular canvas bag

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I am looking at getting a new sbooting bag and am curious if there is any advantage disadvantage to a waxed canvas bag vs regular canvas bag. I have no experience with waxed canvas.

Shot off a waxed canvas tri-corn yesterday and I’m sold. Grippy on both the gun and a rooftop edge.

Shot off a waxed canvas tri-corn yesterday and I’m sold. Grippy on both the gun and a rooftop edge.

The tricorne is what I am looking at. How well does the wax hold up to high heat. If I leave it in my truck in the summer will I have issues with the wax?

A lot of people are adding wax to their already waxed canvas bags. I handled a WC MFC a few weeks back that someone had melted Ottor Wax on and it was pretty neat. It turned the texture of the bag into what an old catchers mit feels like.