• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WC 844 for 5.56

Munson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Cypress, TX
I purchased quite a bit of 844 about 5 months ago to use mainly as a plinking load since I was told its H335 in a poors mans label. The information that came with this said to just use the H335 load data as well. As I said, Im mainly using this as plinking ammo for up close, inside 100yd stuff, so I wasnt that concerned with accuracy when I was doing the workup on it. I was curios if anyone has had a bad experience with the stuff. Is it good accurate stuff and if anyone is using it to push some of the heavier bullets in 5.56, namely the 69-77 g stuff. Thanks in advance

Will work great with the 69's, builds pressure faster with the 77's so your velocity will be lower than other powders could give you but will shoot well still.

WC844 is mil. surplus or pulled from mil. 5.56 rounds. Yes, it's perfect for 5.56....especially 55 to 62 grain weights. Heavier bullets weights you should try WC846.

WC844 is mil. surplus or pulled from mil. 5.56 rounds. Yes, it's perfect for 5.56....especially 55 to 62 grain weights. Heavier bullets weights you should try WC846.

What he said.

WC-846 uses BLC-2 loading data, but always work up from low to high, because it's not exactly the same.

Kind of like .3333 and 1/3, the same, but not exactly.

Chris